BIKE RECOVERED! What's left that is...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by pahusky, Nov 24, 2014.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Wrecked on the mean streets of Harrisburg Sept. 24th. The city police had it towed as abandoned and I just got it back. Really, really long story involving city police, State Police, auto theft divisions and the DEA and no closer to finding out who cut the locks.The kid got up and ran away; amazing after looking at the bike.Not sure if I want to try to scrape some parts together and get it whole or just part it out. I have the new, take off rear sprocket and chain, have another set of stock bars, some plastic but not all, also have stock takeoff exhaust system. The rear sub-frame is toast, not sure of frame. I have the ’12, may pull the sub frame and see if the frame is bent. First I’m taking the motor out to Toy Tech to get checked out and see how bad it is.

Son's KTM200 still out there...

Anyway if you don’t want to get pissed, don’t look at the following pictures!

One 'before' shot...

[IMG]

r
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    juicypips likes this.
  2. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    It would be nice to here of someone catching one of these a..holes just one time and beat them to an with in an inch of their life, just once.
    Al H, LAHuskyrider, jimjim and 2 others like this.
  3. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    What a bummer...hopefully it's insured...these damn punks, I've seen them crash things so bad a just walk away, if it was you or I we would be in the hospital or dead
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    that's brutal mate, sorry to hear/see. those bars look like ape hangers now!:eek:hopefully karma catch up with these punks ten fold
  6. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...I just threw up... I guess I shouldn't have looked, like you warned. I hope they don't give up looking for the bastards...
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    wow, i have never seen a dirtbike bent up like that. unbelievable!
  8. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    As I look around and start to dig in more I'll see what else I find...like the destroyed full Pro Circuit system.

The stock handlebars took a hit and actually bent with no kinks or cracks; tough.

[IMG]
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    mustve been an epic get off!:eek:
  10. auto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    too many
    looking at the wear on the rear tire the motor must of seen a lot of hard on the street miles.Can't think the motor would be solid long term.Take drive through north Philly and see how many quads/dirt bikes are running the streets.I would guess 90% stolen.At what off road bikes cost these days it's a hard pill to swallow.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Well least you got it back if insurance didn't cover it. I think the only thing insured any more is Quad if only used for Farm stuff?
    Check with your tax guy cause all the stuff it needs might be tax deductible?
    Friend had his stolen. They rode heck out of it and got scared. Then put it in a Waste Management dumpster and when they emptied dumpster in truck. They crushed it.
  12. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yea, there's a demand and our garages are full of supply.

Was not insured and not covered by home owners. For loss write-off has to be over 10% of you filing income, that's not going to work. They are all insured now. I have State Farm for the house and autos, but Progressive basic coverage that includes theft was $68/year/machine for the '12 TXC250 and a '12 KTM 250XC.

I was surprised the rear tire was not bald down the middle from burnouts. It was pretty shot from an enduro in Pa. coal country when stolen so I'm not sure how many mean miles were put on it. I will get the motor checked and go from there. The guy actually put new grips on it!

I like the lead on the Jersey rolling frame, anybody else got a source for bikes being parted out? Need that rear sub frame! plus a 'few' other things...

Andy won't even look at it...
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Front disc / rotor is different in the before and after pics ! Was this changed by the scum or was is done by yourself ?
    That poor thing sure took one huge hit and I hope the rider hurt himself REAL bad.
  14. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    johnny, good catch. I had to think about it and could not remember...but apparently we did it.

The boy is rough on stuff, too many things to remember.

[IMG]
    johnnyboy likes this.
  15. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Its a gut rotting feeling when $hit like that happens, A good few years back I came home from work to find my truck had somehow been pulled / towed away from my garage door and all my bikes had gone and all my remote controled helicopters ect that alone were worth a good amount of money but the most hurtfull part was the peewee 50 I had bought my son for Xmas was also taken.
    Only thing I ever got back was a 1988 KX500 that appeared for sale at a local bike shop around 18 months later. Cr125 a YZ250 and a old BSA C15 that I had rebuilt never ever reapeared GUTTED to sat the least .
  16. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I guess 68 dollars a bike doesnt look so bad now that youve had two go missing.
    That sucks and the bikes fairly beat up, time to fabricate a custom frame with old style scrambler looks ..
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sucks but you got it back .... The kick-starter is missing also and that might be an issue.

Looking at all the cloned Huskies that are showing up has made me realize there is not alot of unique Husky parts on a bike after the frame and engine. Even then, if the frame is good, you have a fighting-chance at having a good ride-able bike again. Still sucks though ...
  18. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    looking at the wear on the rear tire the motor must of seen a lot of hard on the street miles.Can't think the motor would be solid long term.Take drive through north Philly and see how many quads/dirt bikes are running the streets.I would guess 90% stolen.At what off road bikes cost these days it's a hard pill to swallow.

I agree with Joe, looks like some one did a ton of road burn outs, probably all at full throttle.. My Father has he Honda Civic
    stolen & the A holes just trashed the interior... string them up...
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    horse thieves were subject to hanging......
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Sad thing about this whole thing is that the local cops probably won't do a thing about it. They likely expended more effort in making you prove it was yours than they ever will to catch the shit bag who rode it like he stole it.
    HuskyTaylor likes this.