big problem with my 570

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by sebamax2, Jan 14, 2015.

1. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    i really need some help guys, took the husky out today it was running like a dream two light kicks and it was up and running, and than when trying to start it kicked it and something broke, turned out it was part 61 on this picture that had snapped off. husqy lever.jpg

but now for some reason after striping the side down and removing that when i try to kick over the bike it cannot happend its like the full compression is there like its impossible to kick it over, but when the side casing was out when i moved the engine by hand on the crank nut it span easy like it used to with the kicker before. i dont know what the problem is maybe one of you has had similar thing happened to them?
  2. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    also does anyone know how to remove the kickstart shaft?
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    something must be binding for it to lock like that. once you take off the spring and such the kick shaft will slide out of the case. amazing how that sidecase and kick assy look just like the old swedes
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Check that the cam on the lower part of the kicker is running the auto decompression system correctly.
  5. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    how do i go about checking the auto decompression?
  6. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The auto decompressor is moved up to the camshaft on those models. The ramp you removed is necessary so I hope you have replaced it with a new one. The ramp times the engagement and disengagement of of the kick start pawl #33. You probably have it out of time and need to get it corrected. If you are trying to start it without this you could cause damage. I would also check the needle bearing in the kick start gear, it could have caused your problem.
  7. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    oh no i havent replaced yet as i have been unable to find the replacement but i will call husky sport uk tomorrow to see if they can sort me out
  8. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    managed to find the part pretty cheep so should have that after the weekend also won a crf 250 fcr carb for pennies on ebay, the 250 had the 39fcr didnt they? any clues what sort of jetting i should be going for?
  9. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    i dont know what the deal with this is, got the part got another side casing so it all sits as it should, and it still wnt work, i can see the shaft being sligtly bent and maybe thats whats the problem now, because after putting it all back it still not as it was before
  10. sebamax2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 570 smr
    i tried about everything now everything fitted and still unable to kickover like it used to do. anyone knows how to check if the autodecompression system is working correctly?
  11. Franz28 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te570 2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    vfr750,xr500,zxr400,vulcan750, 900
    hi - old thread but im having issues starting my 01 570 TE. First dirt bike and manual is useless.

Did u find some info regarding setup/ etc? kicked my 2 days - nothing, good spark and fuel - just no love!