1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Big husky 4 banger gets the holeshot!!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by suprize, Sep 28, 2017.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    2smoke! Sounds like the only 4 banger on the line.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    pretty good- 'cept it did not look like the holeshot to me. he got beat fairly good out of the gate, but came into the first turn in 3rd, and then coming into the second turn 1st is pretty good. I know those flags are meant to indicate the holeshot, but two points: I don't think our guy was quite there, and I hate the re-definition of a holeshot as some arbitrary line with some sponsors banner. call me old-fashion, but if you're first into the first turn: holeshot- even if you never make it out. </grouchy-old-man-rant>

I was wondering why everybody was lining up so far back from the gate, and our guy was right up on it (like normal). But a handful of guys came off the line faster so what do i know? maybe our guy knew he could pull everybody down any straight and took the far right just to avoid any drama.
  4. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    ive been watching ol mate for a bit and i think he big bored the hoosk this year as he is suddenly top 5 at the starts and easily hauling the maico 490's on the long straights. he has been on a 430 a while ago but the 4 banger has been the weapon of choice. not getting a lot of info from him, he just posts the vids with nothing. i think his off season training went up a notch as he is holding his pace through the races