Big discounts on remaining 08's

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by seymore, Sep 10, 2008.

1. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee,
    I posted this in the Deals forum, but not sure if many look there yet. Delete this thread if you think it shouldn't be here.

I stopped the Husky dealer in Boise today and saw that they had all of the 08's marked a $1000 off!

I'm starting to think I need to get TXC 450

Here is what's left...

TE 610 $6,398 (I saw 2 of these)
    TC 510 $6,198
    TXC 450 $6,198
    TE 250 $5,898
    CR 125 $3,999
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It's fine.

The "Deals" forum needs to be re-thought through... not sure that is working out the way I intended or is helpful.

Later.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I cant speak for the dealer in Idaho.

But i can say there are lots and lots of bikes in the warehouse that cant be shipped to Cali or Washington right now.

These bikes will have an impact on the greater market for sometime to come.

Remember even if Cali dealers cant get TE or SMR bikes right now, individuals can buy TE and SMR bikes in other states, and then register them in Cali. At least for now.

Wouldnt surprise me to see prices even lower on left over 08 bikes when the 09's start rolling in. The CARB fiasco will play out in coming months in many ways.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Mike - are you saying the Cali dealers cannot sell 2008 models now?
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought a new '08 TE610 on Saturday. As far as i could tell it was the last one available in So Cal. The dealer and I talked for awhile about it. He explained that they could not get any more street legal Huskys because of the CARB (Mexifornia air resources board) had not been petitioned to allow street legal Husky bikes under the new ownership.

This has been a problem for awhile here in Cali and three other states who also follow CARB.

The bikes are being warehoused, and more than one dealer i talked to about this speculated there would be some deals on these backed up bikes as a result of all this, much as there was in early '06 (although for different reasons).

Hope that clarifies what is going on.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yes it does. It a company issue and not a model year issue. It does sound like the dealers can sell what is on their floor which is good cause that would truly be hard on the small dealers... of course not getting the bikes to sell is also hard on them.