Big Bear Dual Sport on a Zip Ty Husky 310

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is billed as a Dual sport Event BUT if you do all the hard ways and want a Finish you better
    think like it is a race.180 miles took me 13 hours

Something happened to my TE 510 which was at Zip Ty Racing just as I was about to leave.
    So Ty Davis from Zip Ty Racing/Ride open Tours said do not worrie I will hook up up with my TE 310 Tour bike.
    What a nice light weight bike with lots of power and it handled great.There were a lot of custom parts that Ty makes on it plus the suspention was set up great
    Now if you ever thought you might want to try a Dual sport ride you can contact Ty at Ride Open Tours and sign up for one of his tours.He has tours all over So Calif
    The bike had
    Custom High output headlight which was adjustable
    Custom Tailight and plate holder
    Super Custom foot pegs and rear break tip
    Nice skid plate that really worked
    Earth X Battery which really spinds the starder
    ACR clutch adjustable lever
    Plus a gel incert in the seat NO MONKEY BUTT
    Suspention was done and the bike was a dream to ride made every hill no problem

As for the ride If you wanted to get a finish of all the hard ways which was 180 miles of some of the best hard trails in So Calif Mt. You better leave early and only stop for gas.I was the slow link on this team which was my son Matt a former National #1 plate holder in Hare and Hounds
    along with his wife Amy Hasten 5 time National # 1 woman Hare and Hound and many time Dist 37 #1 woman.So off we went we left at 6.30 am rode at a safe speed only stopped twice for 15 min for gas and a quick lunch and finished at 7.29pm just as the last check point was to close at 7.30. 180 miles of some of the tuffest trails in the area rocks,water,trees logs,up and down hills
    just about everything.The little 310 did it all,the stock gas tank went 83 miles to the first gas stop with out having to go to reserve.13 hours of riding so I was so glad for the gel incert.
    Some of the hard way trails made me think of the Last Dog Standing I did just a week ago so I was tired at the finish for sure.There were lots of people taking pictures and video so stay tune
    for them 100_2482.jpg 100_2484.jpg 100_2482.jpg 100_2484.jpg

Attached Files:

2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    What was the gearing?
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will check tonight and post it
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I was over at George's (Uptite) and he had a 2011 TE 310 in for some work. The guy had just ridden Big Bear Dual Sport and had a little crash and messed up his throttle tube. He had the original 40 tooth rear so I imagine he had the 14 cs too. George said the guy said it was pretty gnarly.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

When the Big Bear trail riders put on a "Dual Sport" ride it is not for the meak. Thier Idea of a "dual Sport" ride is that you have to take a couple of miles of asphalt to get to the trail head then basically do an A-enduro run with a Ice cream stop at the midway point.
    tshea529 likes this.
  6. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

The 310's are finding a following here in Arizona as well. The guys at Moto City, in Avondale, have a demo bike. Give them a call for some Ride More ride time. Oh, what are those crazy little lights sticking off the front and back of the bike, oh ya we don't need no stinking blinkers in our "outlaw state. :applause:
    Huskynoobee likes this.