Big announcement for me - AJP motorcycles

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    http://motoajp.com/ajp-dealers/

Yep, Motosportz has signed on to deal AJP motorcycles. I am all in and think these are great for many people whom are trial riding and will fit many aspects of our technical trails in the PNW. Many great features, very cool design, excellent construction, 2 year warranty, e-start, etc. I'm not taking this lightly and have been researching and talking to dealers and the importer for the last 2 weeks extensively. Got shop manuals with all the info, EFI setup info, etc. The importer is excellent, been there done that kind of guy and we really hit it off. I'm stoked about this. Will be getting bikes end of September and for those local will be doing many demo rides like crazy for those interested. Lots of info will be transpiring here shortly as well as my web site. As much as I told myself I would never be a dealer even after being begged a few times I am all in on this one. I think they are great bikes filling a cool market at a great price and all the right components to make them a great mount for many riders. I already have piles of useful info, details about EFI programming and maintenance. I am very impressed with the level of documentation, parts supply, technical information and instant response to questions. These are all key factors for me and make taking the plunge and feeling very confident much easier. There is so much going on with this right now it is overwhelming but will be adding info like crazy over the next few weeks / months. Feel fee to ask questions and visit my site.

http://www.motosportz.com/ajp-motorcycles.html

Thanks
    Kelly
    Motosportz
    JAM, Radbuster, Johnrg and 8 others like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Wow Kelly, that's pretty cool. Start shipping them like Bill and you'll be golden.

Best of luck in your new endeavor. :cheers:

Can you say if there are any dual sport options?
    john01 likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm pretty stoked about it all. I dont think I will ship them as I don't want to step on other regional sales (no knock on the fantastic dealer that is Bills) and feel these are perfect for a lot of people in the NW. After I completely understand the dealer agreement I might ship some to unserviced markets if the need arises but adds $400 to a bike that is at a nice price point making that price point less attractive. We will see. Baby steps.

This will be silly EZ to plate in Washington. Come with everything to do so. Hi/low light, brake light, horn, blinker switches... everything. Big sales point for me in my area.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    At only 800 miles (as the crow flies) you're my closest dealer. Doubtful they could probably pass CARB laws or would be inclined to go through the trouble anyway so I could plate one here. Perhaps you going for it will inspire a California entrepeneur to give it go.

Congrats and please keep us posted. Oh, and one other question, have you rode one yet? I'm guessing not yet or I'd have already poured through your report. :D
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    That is cool news Kelly! Exciting times I'm sure. Best of luck to you.
    Motosportz likes this.
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Kelly I'm really glad to see that you made this move and I hope this works out for the best. I read a bunch of things about these bikes and think these bikes are a good bike for the market you wanna target. On top of that, selling these bikes may also help you develop products that you currently make for Husky that can be made for AJP. I will take some engineering, but it can create a whole new product line of steering dampers, rotor guards and so on. I could also see Walt in this picture working his magic with those motors down the road. :cheers:
    Motosportz and john01 like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats K. I wish the best for you and AJP :applause:. I talked to a dealer about them that had just received shipment on a couple, one of which will be his demo. He said he had and absolute blast riding the AJP PR4. He also said the pics don't do the bikes justice and that they are extremely well built bikes. I look forward to reading ride reports on them. Still considering one myself.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

A 300 BB kit for the PR4 would be nice :D.
  12. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Good luck with this new venture! They look like they're well built and not obscenely expensive.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    well thats just great now the RM/YZ project wiill never get done:cry: jus kiddin hope u make a million dollars:banana:then you can get some hair to go with your purddy white teeth:lol: BTW get a lectron on one
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Good on you for taking the plunge.
    All the very best with it, a real 'bike guy' that deserves to prosper.
    Hope you remember to leave yourself enough ride time to chill out away from it too :)
    Motosportz, Boogie and Norman Foley like this.
  15. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    New site looks good too mate!
    Motosportz likes this.
  16. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Congratulations!
    I talked with the importer again yesterday and I have the east Tennessee area reserved for Knox Enduro, will place my order in a few weeks.
    LandofMotards and Motosportz like this.
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good luck! Trail Rider Magazine has given them good reviews. I wish they had a 2T bike.
  18. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    do you think AJP is small enough to listen to us the euros love there 2ts i bet a PR3 with a WB 177 motor could be one wild ride:banana:
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No DS right now they are just getting their foot in the USA. BUT, they come pretty much fully spec'ed for it. High/low light, brake lights, horn, switch gear. In places like Washington and Idaho it will be silly EZ to plate. In fact you basically just go get a plate. This will be a very nice feature for use here.
    boisedave likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I do not think they have Cali certification yet, lots of red tape to deal with. I'll have to see where I can sell to and do not want to step on any toes.

No have not ridden it or even seen one. But I spoke to many that have and the story that keeps getting repeated is...

1. Much higher quality than you would expect, beautiful hand built bike.
    2. Feel super light and nimble and are crazy EZ to ride. (Low / mass centralization)
    3. Motors are much more snappy and powerful than expected and not slow reving boring motors like a lot of that class bike. Climb like crazy.
    4. Really nice features like the computer, switch gear, fully adjustable suspension, billet gas caps, rad caps etc,
    454x likes this.