1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Best exhaust for 2008 cr125 with oem 144 kit

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have my 2008 cr125 with oem 144 kit running great after dropping the main and pilot one size what a differents. Is there any power gains with buying a aftermarket pipe over stock with this 144 kit in bike. I would like to go with something other than an a fmf unless they are really worth it. Also where is the best place to get suspension done at, has anyone had there done at zip-ty racing. Thanks for any help. I ride only motocross and a mid pack 40 year 195 pound old c class rider. This bike has been alot fun so far and tough.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    What main is it running now ?
    Id look at the pro circuit pipe again for top end as youve got more down low with the 144
    Ajaxauto has his suspension done at zip ty racing and loves it and is obviously a good judge
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have sold several FMF Fattys for guys with EG 144s and they really made a difference over the stock pipe. I am sure they will work just as well with the OEM kit.
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I went from a 400 main to 390 so far. I am running a 30 pilot but might try one size smaller since it seem rich still at the bottom. Bike hauls great with half as much slipping the clutch as before, alot more power everywhere so far but always want more.
  5. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any pipe would be an improvement over stock. The stock 08 pipe is junk. I run a doma but have thought about trying the dep. If u want bottom end go with the fmf. To me that would be a waste because 125 and 144s are built to rev and the fmf kills it.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have an 08 CR 125 and the FMF Fatty with PC-2 and it made a difference. Between the exhaust and 52 rear sprocket I need an air shifter to keep up with the engine. bigriver my 125 still revs and does so very quickly I might add.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I run 380 main and 27.5 pilot in my wr when using the TMX but that was trail riding -
    so you are liking the 144 more now then ?
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How about dep pipes how do they perform on cr 144
  9. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

DEP , Race fuel, 12 tooth, will wake it up!!
  10. crille74 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna cr 125 2014
    Buy a real Hgs 144cc pipe its a great pipe.
    I have it on my 2010 Wr 144 whit oem 144cc kitt works great.:thumbsup:
  11. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I already run race fuel ,vp c12 mix with pump gas, 12 tooth did help alot just need to find right pipe and get susupension done and bike will be perfect for me.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Doma if you can find one.
  13. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the new FMF 150 pipe on order. It looks like they posted the item before they were ready to produce it. I've been waiting with it on BO for over a month and they keep pushing the ship date out - I'm looking at the end of October now.
  14. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just changed trans oil after 8 rides, 3 of them were race days and oil looked twice as clean as before 144 kit. Just proves I am slipping the clutch less like I thought since I have more power. Bad new my result at the races were the same 8-10 place with 30 rider in open c class. It did seem easier going the same speed and like always it 80 percent rider 20 percent bike. I also had better starts against 250-450.
  15. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Try something besides the FMF. The HGS would be a good option. The FMF has more rev then the stocker but not near as much as the doma or the hgs in 125 stock form. The only thing good abot the fmf is that it is easy to get .
  16. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scotty supplied an FMF pipe and TC-2 silencer with my '09 WR. It has the OEM 144 kit on it. This bike is by far the fastest of the 3 144cc bikes I have. The other two are EG 144s with stock pipes and TC-2 silencers.
  17. rpmguy Husqvarna
    B Class

DOMA DOMA DOMA Will will have two cr125's in bend both with Domas on for the NW ride next week. We can line up the WR's and see how the compare. LOL
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I have been eating alot of corn dust from them harvesting. What about a corn cob pipe?

Just teasing! My vote is for a FMF or DOMA.
  19. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where can I buy Doma, Hgs,Dep in North America. I think Doma is my first choice and Dep or Hgs which ever I can get for 144. Any help with where to get these pipes in Canada or States would be great. I had a FMF on boy KTM 105 and it broke as did the factory pipe, just did not like the way they where built. I have Yoshimura on 2 other bike I own that have been very good (both over 4 years old) and would buy one for Husky if they made one.
  20. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    There are plenty of DEP pipes on ebay
    havent heard any feedback on one though