Bent bars or mounts?

Discussion in '610/630' started by kirbybikes, Apr 5, 2015.

1. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bars on the 630 are not aligned. I have taken the mounts apart and everything seems okay. But the bars do not appear bent either. Would it be wise to replace the rubber mount with aluminum if they are made (ideas)? Anything else to check? I have looked at this a couple of time and I am stumped.

Kirk
  2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    BRP has the part you need the OE rubber cones are trash
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    1. The stock rubber bushings are not great...
    2. Your one piece top clamp is probably warped and pulling everything crooked when you snug it down.

I bent my top clamp slightly once in a trail drop and could never align the bars until I pulled it, clamped it up in a vice and straightened it out.
  4. Grez Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 1150 GS
    Any idea of the product code as the BRP website does not show any TE630 parts.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    product code? is that limy for P/N? i would get the P/N and see what else it fits in sure BRP has what you need they just don't know it
  6. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Call 'em! They are very helpful. Had numerous conversations/emails with them trying to find a stabilizer pivot for my bike.
  7. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fixed my problems. Yes, the top clamp was bent. I tried straightening it, no luck there. Scored a deal on a Highway Dirtbike mounts and clamp setup and ordered the BRP nylon mount bushings.

The BRP mounts for the 610 are the same for the 630 minus the steel tube in the center. Just use the 10mm bolts. Watch the clearance between the lower nut and the steering lock collar as the nylon bushing is thicker than the rubber.

Here is the BRP part number: 00-09 BRP Husqvarna Nylon Bar Mount Bushings (BMI-1007)

Link: https://brpmoto.com/husqvarna/produ...qvarna-nylon-bar-mount-bushings-bmi-1007.html

20150424_134536.jpg
    Thumperama likes this.
  8. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I found the top part of the clamp on my 610 was slightly twisted. I done my best to get it as straight as i could.
    I have a lathe and it would be easy to make aluminium bushing replacements, or do they have to be made from nylon?
    What aftermarket bar clamps are available and are they stronger?
  9. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Solid aluminum bushings will put every bit of vibration into the grips, you need a little dampening in the mounts.

Plenty of aftermarket options, including HDB.
  10. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    I ended up making my own, it was a nice little project. Cant say i enjoyed turning nylon much though.
    I bought some 30mm diameter 500mm long nylon rod for £8.63, still have 400mm left.
    I used washers on the bottom so the nuts didnt dig into the nylon.
    [IMG]