Beating The Heat 07/11/20

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    With this hot weather, it's not so easy to find a nice place to trail ride these days. One place I can always count on though, is the San Bernardino mountains. So I loaded up Mr. 501 and headed to Heart Bar yesterday, to spend a few hours in the relative coolness of the mountains. The weather was sunny, but there were a few tell tale little summer puffball clouds in the sky when I arrived. The temps were agreeable for the most part, and as the day progressed and the clouds gathered more and more, the nicer the weather got. The overcast made for just about perfect riding temperatures. The ride went off without a hitch, no tip overs or misadventures. I didn't see too many other riders out on the trails, but there were a lot of 4X4s. Going through town at Big Bear, it was a zoo. People flocked to the lake shores with their inflatables, and though parking lots and marinas were closed, traffic was heavy and vehicles were parked nose to tail along every accessible stretch of shoreline. Lots of clogged roads in town too, so I decided against trying to find a place to eat and rest, instead just pressing on, back into the dirt and the trees where I had a small break away from all the tourist madness. I enjoyed a ride back to the staging area under a nice cool layer of clouds.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Teambowles, WoodsChick and 2premo like this.
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    looks like a nice area to ride
    glad you had a great day
    I am spoiled I can ride out of my garage to a similar scene and ride in the cool of the morning with no other people to worry about
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I'm liking that cloud cover!
    Dirtdame likes this.