Bar risers for a TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by sethro, Jan 3, 2012.

1. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

2. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Has anyone installed the BRP nylon bar mount bushings when raising up their bars? I was adjusting my bars yesterday and trying to decide if I really need risers when I noticed some of the rubber on the bushing mounts is cracked. I'm thinking the nylon will be a longer lasting solution.

I checked part numbers 630 vs a 2008 610 (which BRP markets them for) and part number is the same.

I'm guessing there will be more vibes transfered to the bars, but with some plush grips I wouldn't think you'd notice too much of a difference.
  3. Popet64 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200RT, CBR250R
    Kevin2736, how did you remove the old top mounts? Trying to install the HDB handguards and having no luck with accessing the nuts on the top mount risers. What's the trick to get these things off?
    Thanks!
  4. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The right hand one is a b*gger! ... due to the steering lock.I canĀ“t get hold of it with a spanner either.
  5. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

I installed a set of the 1 7/8" Rox risers. Tight fit to the upper clamp, but I think they'll work out nicely!

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the same set up on mine and I Love it!! It makes the bike feel much more dirt friendly. It allows for a better attack position. Standing is a lot more comfortable too. It's just better ergonomics all around!
  7. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wounded if we could put the stock bolts in from the bottom and make more room for the Rox risers forward position?
  8. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

No the contact face for the shoulder of the bolt is not flat and will not give you the required purchase/torque and safety would be compromised... also only one side is threaded right through anyway.
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see you have the bars at full back position? I have mine at almost full forward. The bars must be in your lap?
  10. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Remember also that there is some offset adjustment in the stock barmounts through swivelling them through 180 degrees. I also looked at a TE bar top mount and the other possibility is to countersink the bolts a little especially if you go to allen or torx heads as there is quite a bit of meat there.
    twolane likes this.
  11. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

No.. full forward. I wedged the camera between the headlight and the bars to try and get a good shot of how close to the bolts I'm running it.
    Didn't realise I could squeeze a little more forward movement out by flipping the stock mounts! Thanks!!
  12. GeekVenture Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Africa Twin
    I'm 6'3" tall and need risers bad...
    So, what the tallest risers we can go without running into cable (etc.) problems?
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    My suggestion is to get the bars where you want them, and then see if you need additional cable length. You will be much happier with the final result. I wouldn't be surprised if you need two or three additional inches of rise. I don't like to "stretch" my cables when adding bar risers. The cables, electrical, etc., should lead nice and "fair", and shouldn't get overly tight around the steering stem, etc. When setting up a WRR or a 6' 3" friend I had to get longer cables and also extend the switch cables. The extra work was worth it.
  14. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

handlebar_risers_vario_adjustable.jpg

SW Motech make a very nice riser call their Vario in silver and black. Looks OEM and is not too tall. Personally prefer them to the Rox.

handlebar_risers_adjustable.jpg
  15. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Go with the Rox risers, you cannot go beyond 2 inches due to the hydraulic clutch
  16. Grez Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 1150 GS
    Rox Risers, worked well for me and survived a number of decent crashes. People go on about them twisting the bars in a crash. I guess if you hit a brick wall at 100 mph they might but throwing the bike over dunes and down rocky hills in Morocco did no harm, well to the bike at least.
  17. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    sorry but I did not understand well
    can I mount 40 mm risers without stretching the cables on a te630?
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Mine are about 30 with no issues, so can't tell you for sure. You can always re-route behind the bars if you get really short. My bet is you'll be able to get them to work.
    Perhaps someone has added 40's and can say for sure. I say install them and see how it goes. [shrug]

EDIT: Just up thread here Bigdom installed 2" Rox Risers which would be about 60mm. Seems like you should be good to go. :)
    Rotax_655 likes this.
  19. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    thank you so much
  20. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    I have mounted new 40 mm risers
    it was not necessary to stretch the cables.
    today short off-road test 20171028_185845.jpg 20171028_185858.jpg