1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Baffeled?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by birdman, Jan 30, 2009.

1. birdman Husqvarna
    A Class

G'Day fellas, just got the new TE450 (09) and have had 1 ride on it and found it to be very, very good. The handling was great and the steering is better than im used to. My 2 concerns are A. the gearing - 13 -47, im changing to 13-50, and B. the baffel! It came with the baffel completely out (derestricted) but its very loud and pops and blows flames and give the bike a very abrupt power curve. Has anyone modified their baffel to give the bike a little less punch and smooth out the whole rev range and make it quieter, without completley killing the motor with the complete baffel back in?
  2. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not a 4ST guy but I highly doubt it is your baffle. I would think that 13-50 is a good gear ratio. But I would look for something else. Maybe jetting??

You might get a better response in the 4st forum.
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

In the USA they pull your stock spark arrestor out of the cat-con exhaust and install it into the Arrow. Would think they should have done the same with yours only the stock sound restrictor pulled from the factory cat-con exhaust.
  4. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sounds like you ecu needs the updated map in it. A little bit of poping on decel is normal in stock map form,but it mostly sounds like you need the Ecu remaped. There are a couple other AU people on this site that may chime in and tell you where the best place to take your bike to is.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    As requested, moved to 4stroke section. :cheers: