AXO Air Cage Pressue suit?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by MorrisBetter, Jan 23, 2011.

1. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Has anybody used the AXO Air Cage Pressure suit or similar devices? It looks like a good compromise between full-on MX gear and going commando. Are there any problems using a neck brace with it?
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I use an AXO Pro and love it. I use it with a Leatt. It will not zip all the way up, but it will zip enough. The AXO fits me better than any other "pressure suit". For the money, the AXO is the best value.
  3. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    How did the size that they claim (Sm Md Lrg XLrg) fit? Was the size what you expected? I'll likely order on line, but I'm concerned about fit. I guessing that getting the fit right is critical with something like this.
  4. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    I have the A-stars Bionic 2 pressure suit. It looks similar to the AXO. Fit is critical. I wear a large to XL for street clothes and ended up with a 2XL. I initially ordered an XL and it was just too small. Fortunately, I ordered from a company with a no hassle return/exchange policy. I checked out all of my usual/local bike shops first and not a single one carried pressure suits that I could try on or buy. Pressure suits feel a bit restrictive when you first put them on, but after you start riding and get warmed up you don't notice it.
  5. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Who was the vendor with the "no hassle return policy"?
  6. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Dennis Kirk. Maybe not the lowest prices, but always very good service IMHO.
  7. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I wear the Rockgardn, on my second one now! Have not taken a good dirt/ tree sample with one on, but plenty without! Fit is very good and supposedly works with the Leatt, I just got mine and have yet to try it.
    BTW i found it online for around 150 shipped.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I opted for an xtra large which is the size of my Alpine Stars pressure suit was. Most sizing charts I've seen recommend a large for me, but the larges I've tried were all too tight. Could be my old man gut. [IMG]
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I have the AXO air cage. Love it. I also have a 661 pressure suit but with the lycra fabric it is hard get my sweaty arms out of it. The AXO has very good mesh that breathes well and is easy to get off. I think the sizing is on the tight side. Atomic-moto has a sale on AXO's right now.
  10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I have a 661 Pressure Suit, and really like it. As mentioned, fit is critical. I normally wear a large shirt or jacket, and took an XL pressure suit.

Keep in mind that no pressure suit I've seen protects your flanks. I guy I ride with wore a pressure suit and still managed to break his ribs on one flank side during a low speed get-off.

Cycle Gear often has really great prices on them.
  11. racedesert_ Husqvarna
    B Class

I use the Rock Garden suit. The first day I used it I was rear end by another bike running about 25, guessing. His bars hit me in the back, throwing me to the ground. After I quit sliding, I was suprised to find that I was not hurt. A few bruses on my leg and a little tender in the back but that was it. I like them.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I use an EVS pressure suit. Conflicts with the Leatt type neck braces, even the ones from EVS, so I use an older style neck roll. Love it, but as others said, you need to make sure it fits. Sizing as a shirt worked fine for my 2XL.
  13. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Rockgarden for me
  14. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a Oneal hellraiser 2011, I have owned it a week, I bought it because my old fox gear doesnt take a leatt kneck brace, I went over the bars, bent the tomaselli fat bars like plastic, dinged a kevlar Shoei helmet, destroyed barkbusters etc couldn't think for about five minutes, stars, the whole lot, and only noticed that my jersey was a mess and that my shoulder and arm pads were impacted heavily after it was pointed out to me. The Oneal suit has some weird dense plastic stuff that is so comfortable to wear and is very protective. My mate that was behind me assured me I should own dislocated everything in my upper body,I rode away (very slowly with some very weird bar angles i tell ya!). I think this stuff is "new generation" for real.
  15. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I have been looking for one of these for nearly a year and nobody has them in stock. They are listed for sale everywhere but I can't seem to find a store that will actually sell me one. Where did you pick yours up?
  16. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

I got it from MCAS in Sydney, it was 280 aussie, the US shops all quoted them about 80 dollars cheaper, but as you suggested, they didn't have stock. the european bike stores were way too pricey. I've had it a few more rides and it is really light and the most comfortable pressure suit i've ever worn. I find the velcro tabs and some stitching a bit lower quality than alpine stars or fox, the rest is vastly superior, especially the padding and fit. The chest side zip is also a great feature.
  17. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    How is the fit/sizing? I read on one site that a 6' man of average build would wear a medium as the sizing runs large.
  18. Simmo737 Husqvarna
    A Class

Im 5'11 190lb 34" waist 16 1/2'' neck and have a large, I was a bit snug in the medium. The suit didn't move on me in the stack I had. there is plenty of room if you have large forearms and shoulders in a large. if your 6' and 165lb to 180lb maybe a medium would be better. I wear medium size t shirts.
  19. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    That was very helpful, thank you. Based on what I had read on one of the vendor sites I was going to pick up a medium but thanks to you I will get a large (6', 190lbs, I wear a large t-shirt) as I have a long torso and don't like any constriction on my forearms.