Awesome 140 mile DS ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, May 25, 2015.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Hit the Mt Hood area with Cafe member and good friend Brandon and his newer KTM500. Day could not have been better. We got to where we staged from just as the morning rain stopped. Geared up and hit epic dust free gravel and dirt. out of 140 miles we did about 2 miles of freeway and some smaller sections of pavement in the woods. Other than that it was all fun unimproved dirt roads and gravel. No real plan just a general direction and idea. Started off a sweet rip with lots of wheelies to Trillium lake, nice. Then cross over to an old Oregon wagon trail you can legally ride if plated, we are... braaaaap. This is a fun jeep trail now and if flowy with lots of little jumps and wheelies. This led us to a new trail system they are working on. We road a bit of that, good stuff, very new. That led us the back way into out lunch / fuel stop. There we were met with small town lawnmower racing and good food. Guy had seen out bikes out front and came in and told us about a cool lake and some stuff we had not seen before so we looked over our map and integrated his suggestions for our trip back. Hit a very cool lake, some really fun back roads and... wheelies. After we worked our way back down the Mt and back towards the truck the sun was getting low, the back roads were sweet and empty... time for wheelies.

Super fun 140 miles with zero issues. Perfect.

Lets do this...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lots of what we were on for the day looked like this of better. Super nice Ds run.

[IMG]

At lunch I was attacked by a hybrid beardeer. They are rare in this area.

[IMG]

I dont usually take pictures of food but...

[IMG]

After lunch we fueled up and headed back the long way. Found that lake, was nice. popped some wheelies.

[IMG]

Another lake on the way back as the sun started getting low. Perfect end to a perfect DS ride.

[IMG]
    bigjon, Johnrg and LandofMotards like this.