Avoid A1 Motorcycle in Ringwood, Victoria for service

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by alpha26, Jul 24, 2013.

1. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, Ducati Multistrada
    I had a recent bad experience with the service department at A1 Motorcycles in Ringwood, Victoria, Australia. I thought I will post it here so no-one will be burnt by them again!

I booked my TE630 to A1 Motorcycle for a 10,000 km service, and here are the results:

1) Bike mechanic came to tell me that he ripped 2 screws off the air box plastic, he was unable to open the air box completely, but managed to take out the air filter for cleaning. I was extremely unhappy with that. I opened the air box many times before without any problem. I always used hand tools to unscrew the bolts, and he denied that he used compressed air tools, and he denied any responsibilities.

2) After his test ride, he handed over the bike and key to me. I had a quick look over the bike, and realized that he forgot to put the screw that secure the Safari tank to the bike.

3) The 10,000 km service required a change of spark plug. I asked to retain my old spark plug for spare, and I didn’t get it. I now checked that my original spark plug is still on the bike. No new spark plug was supplied.

4) When the bill came, the price had gone from quoted $270 to $317. I was not in the mood to argue, so I paid up and left. I knew I would never come back for more service.

Last week, I tried to install a set of auxiliary lights onto my bike, and had to take off the Safari tank, and discovered a serious and dangerous fault that was caused by the bike mechanic. The safari tank has a hose that link the bottom of the tank together, so it will get even distribution of fuel on both side of the tank. I realized that the tap was turned off and when I turn it on, the fuel was pouring out. I took off the Safari tank and realized that there was a massive burnt hole on the hose that linked the bottom of two side of the tank together. The cross hose must be routed away from the hot engine or exhaust, the mechanic there just simply put the hose across the hot engine and as result a hole was burnt. This is a very dangerous situation, and would certainly exploded in fire, and it was lucky that he was so incompetent that he forgot to turn the tap on, so there was no fuel in the cross hose. My bike would have caught fire on my way home! It would not be a pretty sight to see a bike exploded in flame in busy traffic!

Picture 011.jpg

I am not sure if he had even checked the valve, because when I asked him about it. All he said was perfect, and he didn’t do anything to it. When I asked him about the condition of the chain and sprockets, he then took a look and told me to change them. Checking chain and sprocket was part of the 10,000Km service! It appears that I paid $317 for cleaning of air filter, and change of oil, and in the process he screwed up my air box ( He told me that I had to buy a new air box), and potentially cause a massive fire that could have destroyed my bike, and caused injury to myself.

Complaint was sent to the owner of the shop, but was told how professional their staffs were, and to bring bike back for inspection. There is no way that I will bring my bike back there. My request for a free replacement air box was ignored. I have emailed details to the Australian Husqvarna importer, and have yet to receive a reply.
    Bloodnut likes this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    "Non-Kudo threads go in the General (Main) forum"
  3. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Good luck with A1, mate....they've had at least a 2-decade-long reputation for shoddy service, things were even worse in the past (believe it or not).
    They have never, ever admitted to any fault in the past (and yes, they've had the owner on the Current Affairs of Ch. 7 or 9 ) and have somehow gotten away with it.
    Just forget it, never go there again, discourage others....and learn how to greasemonkey your own stuff.
    gavcan01 and ray_ray like this.
  4. gavcan01 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Best advice ever. Don't have to be a Jedi with spanners either, just research or ask.
  5. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good advice mate. The owner of A1 Motorcycles has recently been elected as the president of VACC (Victoria Automobile Chamber of Commerce). How ironic! - It is well known in Australia that a large percentage of car workshops rip off their customers.

Sales manager from the Husky distributor basically told me to work with the owner of A1 Motorcycles. What a waste of time. I will cut my loss and move on.

I do oil change and air filter cleaning myself, but will now consider going further.
    Simon H likes this.
  6. Simon H Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 800 XC
    Thanks for the advice
    Lets us know if you find abetter mechanic!
  7. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I
    I have used the mechanic from MotoGC, his name is CJ. He is honest and knowledgeable. I tried A1 because he was injured at work and won't be available for some time. Don't use the other mechanic there, he was a bit doggy.
  8. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Mate I sympathise with you, you should have been treated with the respect any customer deserves, and had your bike serviced properly!
    The very first time I walked into A1 in Ringwood I knew something wasn't right, because the clown behind the counter looked at me like I was and idiot because I asked for an oil filter! He said " you don't need to filter the oil, you just put it in your bike and ride"
    I left absolutely flabbergasted, swearing to never spend a cent in there ever and I haven't.
    I then went to Firstclassmotorcycles in lilydale and was treated like a king! Great service, friendly staff and they knew what they were talking about.
    For all your Husqvarna servicing and accessories go and see the guys at Firstclass!
    Bloodnut and MatMann like this.
  9. MatMann Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 WR125
    I bought my bike from A1 but was left disappointed at the transaction, never been back, and travelled down the road, as I should of originally, and have felt a valued customer at 1stclass ever since.