1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Auxilliary Lighting on the 701 Enduro

Discussion in '4st' started by Bones333, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Bones333 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 OR390, 2018 701E
    Other Motorcycles:
    many (mostly British)
    So I have owned the 701 for a couple months and really enjoy it compared to the BMW it replaced. all that power in a lighter package makes for a fun commute.

One area I am not so thrilled with is the lighting. It seems under lit, and that is readily apparent out on the trails. on New Years Day, we got caught out on the logging roads after dark and it was not pleasant.

I have seen the $200+ LED headlight replacements and while nice, I think those tend to be a little too bright for street use. I prefer standalone auxiliaries but have found that mounting locations for them are few. I have found a temporary solution using metal straps around the fork tubes, but am open to suggestions.

IMG_7887.JPG
    mounted

IMG_7891.JPG
    Headlight Only

IMG_7892.JPG
    Headlight + Auxiliaries
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Look into Motominded. They use baja designs lights with their own easy to adjust mounting hardware. Also, consider helmet lights. They can hook up to aux power or run on their own battery.
  3. Bones333 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 OR390, 2018 701E
    Other Motorcycles:
    many (mostly British)
    Installed an LED replacement Bulb in today and it made a difference. also relocated the auxiliaries higher, since they were contacting the body panels.

IMG_7932.JPG
    New LED bulb installed

IMG_7888.JPG
    OEM Halogen

IMG_7926.JPG
    Replacement LED

IMG_7928.JPG
    Low Beam w/ Auxiliaries.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  4. Bones333 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 OR390, 2018 701E
    Other Motorcycles:
    many (mostly British)
    I got a couple of after dark commutes in and the light situation is much better, with just the LED Headlight. I have more light and a wider spread, without blinding everyone else.

these Aux light throw an amazing amount of light, which is probably not suitable in town, but it is much better on the dark country roads.

Another quick mods was replacing the turn signal lamps with a set of small LED post lamps. which draw less and are a fair bit brighter IMG_7937.JPG IMG_7939.JPG
  5. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    good work mate. could you post a link to the LED headlight bulb please? thinking of getting one for my SM. cheers...
  6. Bones333 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1978 OR390, 2018 701E
    Other Motorcycles:
    many (mostly British)
    MotAd likes this.