At 54,117 miles, you might want to...

Discussion in '610/630' started by JonXX, Dec 30, 2013.

1. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Long overdue update, I kinda forgot about the thread cos I've been flogging my bikes :)

It turned out that the smart money was to replace everything in the transmission, which added up to a sizeable sum (which, as I said before, I'm not a bit shy about spending on THIS bike). But fortune smiled upon me (for once) and an '01 610 engine with 900 miles (yes nine hundred) presented itself for a stupidly low about of money in comparison. I picked up the new engine from Bill and had it installed and running in a matter of a few hours. But there was a problem, it wouldn't start once warmed up. It acted like the timing was massively advanced and would barely turn over. I had the valve cover off to confirm that the decompressor was working, it was, and I began chasing my tail in circles so I took the bike to Bill's. After some poking and prodding and pondering, it was found out that the '01 stator/reluctor combo wasn't a happy match for my ECU. So Dave (at Bill's) switched out the stator and reluctor (among testing and checking other things as well) and HUZZAH my baby was back. The new engine rocks! It makes great power and I'm going 160 miles on 3.2 gallons of Oregon "gasoline."
  2. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    What an awesome run . Very underrated bikes and what a score that motor was ! :)
    SilverBullet and JonXX like this.
  3. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    I agree. And speaking of awesome I also nominate your avatar photo. Where did you find that?

_
  4. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    It's the wife, well, her best part !
    JonXX likes this.
  5. jellyrug Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for posting, my 2008 is getting close to 4,000 miles, looks like the marriage is safe for a long long time, as I have no wishes to divorce for an affair with a KTM sporting Husky decals.
    JonXX likes this.