1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Anyone making a 300 pipe yet?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PC., May 26, 2009.

1. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

What is that nasty looking black mung all over the back of his front fender?
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

gas residue that is being dumped down the steering head.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Maybe, but I doubt it. Kearney's bike has tons of mods including a GG 300 dome piston, digital ignition, custom airbox among others. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that PC did a custom pipe for him. He's been seen practicing at a track that we use. I'm hoping to run into him one weekend to get the whole poop on his bike, especially the pipe.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good thing Wyatt strips the bike after every race!:busted:
  5. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

A little secret about after market pipe manufactures.

Most all 2 strokes after market pipes made by anyone of the after market manufactures uses the SAME PIPE STAMPS! the only things changed are the tail stingers, the head pipe and any mounting tabs.

If you look at the stamps there only 4 stampings plus the stinger and header.

So a Suzuki RM pipe is the same as a Honda CR pipe as is the same as is a Yamaha YZ pipe as is a Kawasaki KX pipe as is a KTM SX pipe and so on......

All they do is move the stamp plates just slightly and so they wrap the frame better.

Truth is I'd be almost willing to bet that the new Husky 125 uses the same stampings as the old Husky 125.

JustSayen:)
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I've heard that before regarding the stamps for pipes. Makes sense from a business standpoint....

I emailed PC :cool: yesterday, but no response yet.

Mark,
    let me know about that 250 pipe you have. Not looking for a handout, but I would at least see how it fits and performs.
  7. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

how would you account if the pipe wrapped around the other side of the bike ?? do all the bikes pipes exit on the right ?? that would make the standard stamping unworkable if some exited on the left....... I'll believe it if somebody can show me some measurements. just hearsay for now........
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

1995 - 97 Husky CR 125 and WR125 wrapped around the other side and that's one of the reasons only dynaport made the only aftermarket pipe here in the states.

[IMG]

All the other pipe manufactures stamps were for the other side.

Oh ya Glenn's WR300 Pro Circuit pipe is the same pipe used on the WR 250... if that's of any help.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Pipes are made based mainly on port timing. Later RM and YZ 250's are so close from that stand point that they could both just about use the same pipe, if they were cut to fit the frame. Which, looking at how they are routed would be a lot different either.

So most 250's are going to run a pipe that's very similar in cone dimensions. Slight variations in section lengths and diameters will be the main differences. Header and stinger sections will probable be the most, if not the only dimensional difference.

Most after market pipes are made from two stamping, one for each side of the pipe, welded together then cut into sections in a fixture. The section are rotated and fit into a welding jig and put back together, like a puzzle.

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet FMF and PC make all their 250 / 300 pipes from the same stampings, which I think were all done at the same stamper at one time.
  10. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

pipe

lots of don't know and i bet........a lot different from the karting world.. 64 gores in a pipe. although a much higher state of tune. :eek::eek:...
  11. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

ALL after market 2 stroke dirt bike pipes are made from the same stamping for reasons posted above.

WOOPS THIS JUST IN!.... Eric Pirie from P3 just called me and said the stock Husqvarna WR250 and WR300 pipes are indeed different... we were told by a local dealer that they both had the same part number! MY MISTAKE SORRY
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man, the pipe on the 300 sure looked bigger. :excuseme:
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I just got off the phone with Pro Circuit. They confirmed that they've been working with Wyatt Seals to test different stampings for Kearney's 300. They expect a commercially available version very soon, perhaps within a few weeks. Gerald Jones of Upstate Cycle will be at the GNCC this weekend and plans to get the poop on Glenn's PC pipe... how he likes it and if it's the final version.
  14. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

pipe

geee, who da guessed :D:D:D
  15. rajobigguy Administrator

If you guys really want to know something about pipes.
    http://tsrsoftware.com/pkg-order.htm

The guy who designed this software is a friend of mine from way back when. He did several custom pipes for me when he was building them himself and they were always better than anything that was offered "off the shelf". It was pretty amazing watching him do the pipe layout based on my particular engine and riding requirements. He just sells software now but I bet there is a wealth of info in there is someone wanted to spring for the package.
  16. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Just curious, but what does the software actually do? Does it produce pipe-stamp die dimensions or cad-drawings? Kinda hard to tell from the website.

By the way, I spoke with Gerald Jones on Monday about Kearney's 300 pipe. Glenn had a terrible weekend and lost an engine after two laps. Neither he nor Wyatt were in a talkative mood at the GNCC so info about the pipe was scarce. Gerald did mention that PC is close to finalizing the commercially available 300 design which is what PC told me last week. Hopefully within a few weeks.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    so it is obviously different than the 250 pipe as they already have that. :excuseme:
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Yes, that's what I was told via phone conversation by the folks at PC... that they were working with Wyatt Seals on different pipe stampings to see which delivered the best power.
  19. rajobigguy Administrator

I haven't seen all the programs myself so I can't give a definitive answer. Cad drawings maybe, die stamp dimensions I kinda doubt it. The pipes that TSR produced were hand fabricated for each individual bike (they did make production runs for some manufacturers) so I think that that the software does the calculations for head pipe, mid pipe, reverse cone, total chamber volume and stinger based on the inputs for ea. individuale bike and the riders needs. The only reason that I brought it up is to point out that there is some real science behind pipe design and "off the shelf " pipes don't aways capture all the possible variables.
    In essence the 250 and 300 pipes are or at least should be different.