Anyone from Mass - Maine area for some riding

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by eric125, Sep 3, 2012.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    From the Plymouth area in mass. Also a place in Maine west newfield.
  2. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I live in the Foxboro area and ride in your,e back yard on Sunday mornings,on a WB 165.
    Dave
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    central MA here, out by the ski mtn.

most of my riding this season has been at a little MX sand track but need to get back in the woods. Hodges Village Dam is closest.

Dave, we still need to hook up. hows the bike running? i dropped my main and added a ZipTy air screw.
  4. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Where abouts you ride?
  5. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    Where is this little track? A fee?
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    out towards western MA. no fee but the location is kept quiet. just one of those spots you gotta protect.

for a fee... Crow Hill MX in Templeton is fun, ridden there a ton although the latest config is a little weak. MX101 in NH is a nice little track as well. super groomed. and if you're up for it, we race Southwick each year for the Stimilon MX Challenge event. now THAT track rules.
  7. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Let me know what size main,and all 3 of us should hook up,I,ve been riding out of a buds shop near chemlawn,we do about 30 miles of great single track.
  8. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I want to check out the "secret one in western mass". I looked at mx207 in Maine but its like A 300$ membership fee. There is also some riding in freetown but i think you need to have atv plates. You guys registered? Also. What are you guys using for carb settings? I get alot of spooge from my exhaust and it drips on the swing arm. 400 main 35 pilot was stock. So I dropped to 390 and 30. 40:1 ratio as well. The bikes a 02 wr125.
  9. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    on the secret spot, it's not huge, but it's taxing and fun. i'll ask if it's OK to PM you the info. it was shown to me on the down-low, you know how it is ;)

most tracks will have daily passes avail for around $30. Crow Hill, Capeway Rovers, MX101 in NH, Winchester Speed Park in NH, Rocky Hill in CT, MX207 in ME plus a handful of other smaller tracks. i thought about doing a season pass at Crow Hill because it's so close, but i like to go visit other places to shake it up.

yeah, i've always been MA reg'd. it's only ~$40 for 2yrs. no sense in riding illegally if we can still enjoy a handful of spots and not get hassled OR piss people off. i do have my select 'tolerated' spots, but i keep them to myself. benefits of knowing locals.

Here's a handful of our legal spots with a MA reg

- Hodges Village Dam (USACE managed)
    - Beartown SF
    - October Mtn SF
    - Pittsfield SF
    - Tolland SF
    - F. Gilbert Hills SF
    - Franklin SF
    - Wrentham SF
    - Freetown SF

i've got an '09 WR165 so not sure on your '02, lots of great info in the Jetting Databases here though. mine has been real rich as well, lotta spooge, but tweaking the jetting and trying different oils, i'm getting pretty close. only blew a lot of spooge on high-speed runs so i dropped my main again. seems almost right on everywhere else except for in SUPER humid weather. pulls 3rd from a stop. sweet lil' motor.

what oil do you use? depending on your riding style, you can evaluate the flash point and see if you're in the ballpark. some oils have a really high flash point, no good for lower RPM woods use. spooge city.

my current settings are:

Carb = TMXX 38
    Pipe & Silencer = 200SX FMF Fatty / TurbineCore 2
    Other engine mods = 0.7 Base Gasket, PowerNow divider, iBooster
    Premix ratio & fuel type = Amsoil Dominator 44:1, Sunoco Supreme 112 Leaded
    Gearing = 13/50
    Main jet = 460
    Pilot jet = 30
    Needle = 6CHY17-62
    Clip position = 3
    Air screw setting = 1.75
    Slide = 5.0
    Plug = BR9EIX gapped to 0.023

Dave, 30mi of single track sounds awesome. what gas tank are you running? I still haven't figured out how many miles i can get to my stock tiny tank. sold my IMS. need to score the larger stock tank at some point.

my carb is pissing gas again, sucked a bunch of muddy silt into the boot and carb. think ive got to clean it out again, float must be sticking or misadjusted. booo! so tired of taking the carb apart! :D
  10. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

I use 1.5 gal.of feul on this ride.stock tank will do fine,I just went to the 460 main and still have the 27.5 pilot,will try Amsoil in the future,still using spectro sx blue bottle @ 44.1.
  11. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    30 miles of track? Or trails? And I use the Torco but I went to my dealer in Halifax and got motox I think was the brand and it said low smoke on the front of it. But on both the Torco and that one don't have a flash rating on them. That I can see..?!
  12. Racer38 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD XR1200R , KTM
    I live 2 miles from Hodges Village Dam, I worked for them this past summer and I do alot of volunteer work on the trails. I am hoping to pick up a new WR300 in the next couple of weeks.

HVD is open year round so maybe I can meet some other Husky riders in the near future !!

Craig
  13. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Hey all. I do hodges in the summer,its open now but we are ice racing at this time. As soon as the new wr125 gets out of hawk it would be nice to get a line of Huskys instead of KTMs LOL.