Anyone Familiar With Swm, Retooled Red Huskies?

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by 2010in306, Jan 15, 2021.

1. 2010in306 Husqvarna
    AA Class

https://www.swm-usa.com/about

I just stumbled across a company "continuing" the Italian made Husqvarnas, anyone have any knowledge? Maybemaybemaybe some of these parts are cross platform and can keep my 2010 alive longer...maybe?
  2. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Read about SWM 6-7 years ago. I guess there is nothing wrong with them but in my opinion not worth the money. They are built on the pre-09 chassie with the old Husky engine. Better to buy a used bike for $1000-1500 and leave to someone who can restore it completely. That bike will be the same as the SWM for half the price. Do the same with a xlite and you have a better bike for a fraction of the price. Just my opinion.
  3. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    There was some info paper from Swm, where they saying few parts can use in last Husqvarna model, i mean 2009-2010 models. But there is some differents, but what i have looks those pics, they looks to me pretty same, i mean those engine cases etc..It would need some one test is they same, also why not whole engine, when it looks same, i mean if possible to use whole smw sm500r engine in those Husky...
  4. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    I have a dealer close by who carries them. Basically from what he said almost everything is interchangeable. For what you get I think price was pretty good. About 8k out the door and it’s plate-able. There is a bunch of stuff you’d need to remove for weight. But it has kyb suspension and mapping can be changed. There’s another member here who has one and said happy with bike. Might be my next purchase. Considering my last beta was 10k+ and just about everything else is a ktm
    GrooveThang and PaulD like this.
  5. Sjiefke Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510 SMR '10
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R '07
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    After owning the 04TC450, 06 TE450 and 08 TXC450, I would 100% consider an SWM RS300 or 500 as a legit DS bike......but my taste would be a strip down to competition type rig, barely if at all street legal in court of law..... the powerplant is a solid mostly bullet proof item. The 300 and 500 mechanically share the same bottom end/cases, they differ in the cylinder and head. Making the 300 very bullet proof and over built
    shrubitup, GrooveThang and steadydirt like this.
  7. ray gamache Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM rs500
    Other Motorcycles:
    2019 GasGas XC300
    I own one, good bike and good suspension. There is some components from China that need to be addressed but overall a good bike for the price
    steadydirt likes this.
  8. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I own a RS500, gotta say. This bike I have owned far longer than any other bike.. and I have owned a lot. So what if its a husky 510.. I am now on the next journey with this bike. Converting it to a rally bike...yep a very fast rally bike. Big tank, big balls too. All in all you won't find many bad comments on this bike. You know why... It because it's an honest bike. Doesn't pretend to be anything other that a trail bike..Yep, a trail bike that goes really really fast . And let's not forget how cheap they are to kept maintained. You can buy a complete gear set for the cost of a night out on the town...
    Appalachian, PaulD and steadydirt like this.
  9. Appalachian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM RS500R, XR650R,WR426
    Very very well said, I wish SWM to do well, they are on the right path but I’m afraid they don’t understand the American market well enough. If they would let dirt bike post dyno runs of their bikes like everyone else it would bring some attention. Yes it is basically an updated 2010 Husqvarna and to me that is the best part. You get it for a 2010 price and that bike was a very good machine. It is a little heavier than the competition but the handling, power and so far reliability are great. The only issues I’ve had is intake boot cracked(eBay had Husky one, fit perfectly) and the epa mapping causes flameouts which pc5 cured even though I am still mapping.
    GrooveThang likes this.
  10. GrooveThang Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE

Mark Berg at CPD (the US importer) told me a “RE300” was in the works for mid 2022. Essentially an RS300 sans charcoal can, turn signals, passenger pegs, grab handles, license plate assembly, street switchgear and using a single exhaust. A TXC310 for today! Pretty excited if this happens. I see one in my future perhaps.
    rancher1 likes this.