any uk 'tarders interested in some indoor kart track action in london?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MotAd, Oct 26, 2012.

1. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    just spoke to a helpful guy at the docklands raceway ho may be open to letting a load of us well behaved SM types using his circuit for a few hours. he wants me to come to him with an idea of numbers, the kind of bikes (2 stroke or 4 stroke) as he has to bear the whole emissions thing in mind and also when we would like to do it. they basically don't allow bikes as a rule but as he says if it's a case of earning extra decent money, then it's all good. the track is 750 metres long and has an average lap time of 46-50 seconds so it sounds bloody perfect!

now all we need to do is a get a good number of us interested. money talks so the more of us and the more we're prepared to pay, the more likely it is to happen. i've got some numbers in my head but who'd be interested and how much would you be prepared to pay? he mentioned a time slot of 2 hours but this could easily be expanded, but hypothetically, how much would you be prepared to pay for 2 hours of indoor kart track track-time?

there's a few other people i know who i'm pretty sure would be all over this so what d'ya reckon?! no maybes etc, we need people that are definitely interested in this to make sure there's no dicking about...

here's a vid of the track in question :cool:

2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I've seen videos of that track before. :)

I'm reasonably sure that is the track that the people that wrote the Cafe Husky software used to go for fun.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    That track looks awesome!
    And I'm game if and when I'm ever in London.

There's a indoor karting track here in the Portland area and its super fun. Me and Blake have traded paint there before and somehow didn't get asked to leave. Definitely a good way to get your race thrills when the weather sucks.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  4. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    let's hope the guys running it are open to a few bikes whizzing round for a few hours. there's loads of kart circuits in the uk but they don't seem too keen on letting motos out on them. and with our weather patterns indoor circuits are all the better!
  5. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Sounds cool MotAd!

Do you have any idea of price to do this ?
    Also would this be restricted just to Husky's ?

Never done any track riding and would be a good place to start, as long as the track isn't as slippery as the Crawley kart track!
  6. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Wotcha mate! A limey at last! Still waiting to talk to them (trying not to appear too keen to keep some bargaining leverage!) but will keep u posted. Any bike as long as it's a 4 stroke supermoto. Will report back when I know more and will also post up in future if any other motard friendly trackdays look like they're gonna happen. You do the same! Be good to get some stuff going on between us sotherners. Didn't know about Crawley kart track. Do they let motos out on it?
  7. Gav Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 600 SRAD:Sold ZXR 400 H2:Sold
    Hahah yeah I think theres a couple of us floating around on the forum but definitely few and far between.

I'm not sure about the Crawley one, only been on there with a group of mates for a karting evening.
    There's a new kart track that's opened up near Brighton which I'm off to next month so will ask them whether they might be up for it.

I think one of the outside tracks like Buckmore or Sandown would be a good laugh too.
    This place is only up the road from me. : http://www.uk-go-karting.com/track-details-131/Angmering Motorsports Centre.htm

I'll drop them a line and see whether they might be up for sorting out a Supermoto Day. I know they have a pit bike track there too, so might be more willing than other karting tracks.
  8. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Nice work fella. Buckmore park would be amazing plus just down the a2 from me. I like the idea of an indoor track as our poxy weather can't spoil it!
  9. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    oh dear. right finally got back through to mike today. it seems there was some confusion regards his understanding of 'supermoto'. he thought i meant mini moto! [IMG] they haven't got the height clearance for full size bikes there so it's a no-goer. [IMG] i only found out as i heard him describe them like that to a colleague. imagine his (and our) faces as we turned up! woulda been like arriving at oompa loompa land or something.