Another Tr650 Failed Dash? (intermittent Dead Backlight, Turn Signals, Higher Rpm & More!).

Discussion in 'TR650' started by AsianHuskyTour, Mar 5, 2020.

1. AsianHuskyTour Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 x4
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt660x xt660r r1 streetfighter nk650
    My last 2 huskys seem to be sharing some of the same issues. Both have been off the road about 2yrs now but just got them going again.

The newer one with only 2000kms runs fine but the speedometer seems to be working for a few minutes then going to zero. This could be an abs fault as that lights on as well. The rpm seems to be all over the place as well. Kind of like pulling the needle off and moving it up 5000kms.The check engine lights on but that could be because the temp on the dash is showing noting, just blank lines.
    When im riding it its going great, but every now and again the backlight dies along with all warning lights. (Neutral, turn signals & check engine, abs etc).

Strange. Not sure if it could be relay fuse or wiring related but im guessing a bad cluster.

The thing is the other bike has the same intermittant backlight and warning lights issues. and has the same rpm problem.

I was playing around with the terra today & noticed sometimes you could start the bike with the cluster unplugged! Thats really weird.
    Some sort of a glitch but its got me thinking maybe the clusters could be switched off intermally from the immobilizer!

Both my bikes here had the bug fix done via keynamics here in the Philippines. They also code nuda clusters & can can make new keys to match the tr650's.

Anyone came across the same issues?
  2. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Poor earth (pin 14) or battery on it's last legs.
    What's this 'bug' you mention.
    John
  3. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    my Terra showed similar symptoms and it was caused by oxidised battery terminals. They didn't look like they were bad but after i sanded them clean everything was back to normal. Could indeed also be a bad earth connection elsewhere.
    Johnn likes this.
  4. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    We used to give the battery posts a good coating of Vaseline in the old days to prevent exactly that.
    Clean posts, coat, reconnect wiring. Lasts for as long as no further changes are done.
    It still works perfectly.