1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC And Now For The Rear Shock.....

Discussion in '4st' started by Dirtdame, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So....a while back I had the front forks on my FE501 revalved and it made a night and day difference. But I didn't quite have the money to have the rear shock revalved at the same time. Now I got a some money for my recent birthday, and with the forests all closed, and a pulled muscle in my back, it seemed like a good time to send my rear shock off to be gussied up and made nice and plush by the good folks at Precision Concepts. There will be a report here when I get it back and have a test ride on it. We already know it will be good though. :cool:
    [IMG]
    WoodsChick and MotoXImage like this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Shock is back in now. Lost the heat binky on the header, so I had to order one from the local dealer. Just for the record, removing and reinstalling the shock is a pain in the butt.
    [IMG]
    To get the shock out, first I removed the muffler, then had to unbolt the shock and lower links, then drop the shock and rotate the reservoir to the back, I also removed the rear brake reservoir to get the brake line out of the way, unbolted the subframe, and removed the header pipe. Once all that is done, the shock can be wriggled out, while twisting the loose subframe slightly to allow the shock to slip by. Everything in exactly the reverse order, shock dropped in, header back on, brake res back on, shock and links bolted back up...maybe muffler slipped into position next, then subframe bolted back up.:rolleyes:
    Next up will be a ride, as soon as the weather cools down in the high desert, or the national forests opens up...which ever comes first.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    The shock is indeed a bit of work to get in and out. Little bit of a pain. I’m happy with the one on my 20 tx for the time being but it will eventually get revalved. It works for now though. Look forward to hearing how it performs.
    WoodsChick and Dirtdame like this.