Alta Redshift EX test ride...

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Can you line up with the 'old' gas bikes? What displacement class?
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I am in the old guy class its run what you brung always, I don't even think even in the AMA ammie rulebook there is a powerplant requirement. its different of course at the pro level and displacement classes categories.

but heck vet 30 sen 40 ssen 50 and masters are all open bike classes.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    From what I read they are 250 class bikes for ama
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I definitely like the idea. Battery tech will get there / is getting there fast. Needs weight and price. Not sure I can do without my two stroke sound and smell. That sounds silly but... I'm only doing this for fun. Not like I'm committing World Peace by riding, right?
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The weight isn't the drawback that you think it would be because the reciprocating mass is about 1/10 of a 350F four stroke and all the weight is low and centralized. It felt as nimble as a 125 to me, I was shocked to find out it was 260 lbs. Also if you fill an oversized tank with fuel you're getting very close to that weight. As for power it is every bit as fast if not faster than a 450F. I'd be looking for them to have a battery exchange program as the technology improves and then the only thing to worry about is price. It's weird to ride something with no shifter, clutch, kickstarter, fuel tank, and is almost silent. When you're hauling ass and it's almost silent it gives me a funny feeling. Also you can change maps on the fly so you can put it in ludicrous mode for the start and then click it down to rideable smooth power after the hole shot. The price is the biggest obstacle for me and MSRP doesn't include a charger which is about $700.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Hopefully the price will come down as they sell more and they'll include the charger. I look forward to a test ride :cheers:
    robertaccio likes this.