1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

alpinestar hi point boot repair

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by justintendo, Sep 24, 2014.

1. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I could have killed my wife when she tossed my Hi Point boots, leathers, Jofa shoulder pads, 2 Belstaff Trialmaster jackets along with 2 Bell RT helmets I had :(

I have since purchased Novagar trials boots, O'Neal riding pants and a 90's vintage enduro jacket.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    well, i can say that if you really liked those hi points the new ones will feel very similar..
    thats pretty rough to lose all that stuff...altho the helmets would likely be bad the leathers and coats would still be good if kept stored right...sucks:(
  3. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    I still have my Alpine Stars "De Coster" boots that I bought in new in 78. I would like to have them re-done, but would be wary of shipping them abroad. It would be nice to know of someone in the UK that could do them.
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    im sure there is..ive seen those, instead of having hi-point import them i believe they just had decosters name? do they just need soles?
  5. rwgregory Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 500XC, 1987 510TX, 1990 510WMX
    Other Motorcycles:
    1979 Honda CR250,'88 CR500,'92 XR600
    Justintendo, just a thought; just before the holidays I had Sole Performance, (the Sidi sole guys) resole 2 pair of my Timberland Pro steel toe work boots with Vibram lug soles. Depending on what type of riding you do and what level of traction you want in your riding boots soles perhaps you would be happy with a lug sole for your riding boots like I got on my work boots, and they have a heel!! To my untrained eye the Vibram soles seem to be as tough as nails and I would assume they would hold up to off road riding. Why don't you call Sole Performance @ 1-800-944-2755 and talk to Jim,(he's the owner) and get his opinion on soles depending on your needs.
  6. cruisetopdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 and 1983 Husqvarna 250 XC's
    Nice looking boots! Are you wanting to replace the entire sole or just the replacement arch area? I had a pair like yours except they were blue, ate through the arch pads so I ordered the replacement parts and installed them myself. Oddly enough, they felt like new when on the pegs.....not sure if they sell the replacement parts any longer, but it might be an option.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    thanks for the tip, i may call him up on that. i guess im having a hard time deciding if i want to stick with hte smooth sole they have or get something with more traction...the smooth sole is thin and does work well for putting a foot down in long turns or getting off and on the pegs quickly. they suck when getting stuck or helping the bike the last 2 feet up a gnarly hillclimb
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    if would fixed these a few years ago yes, i only needed the peg inserts. they are delaminating pretty good now by my big toe and just need all new soles..
  9. cruisetopdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 and 1983 Husqvarna 250 XC's
    Sorry, missed the de-lamination part....:-)
  10. dukkman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85/WR 400,86/WR 240,83/430 is mates
    Other Motorcycles:
    69@71/TS90-76/TS100-72/DKW-78/PE
    I was given an old pair of Alpine Stars with worn out soles also had a ratty pair of something else with good soles'
    So;)
    Off with the Alpine soles and glued the good soles on with quickgrip then tek screwed them on:thumbsup:
    Rough as guts but has worked for a couple of years now.
  11. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1965 250, 1978 390 Auto, 1983 510 TX
    You can buy replacement soles and / or / peg inserts on eBay.. lots of them for sale..
  12. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    yes, but having them installed and staying that way i hear is the hard part
  13. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    sent my ol pals to sole performance and about a week later got these back in the mail... Photo599.jpg
    Photo600.jpg
    the boots still feels the same, size hasnt changed. looks like he did a nice job! i noted there were a few stitches coming loose from the plastic toe shift guard and he ran a new stitch all around that..
    now its time to put them in the oven at low temp and soak em with some "sno-seal" beeswax waterproof and they should be good for another few years!! new straps and soles, wooooo!
    adam6402 likes this.
  14. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    Looks nice. I hope no one at Alpinestars get upset at seeing their product being resoled with a competitor's sole. I miss my Hi Points but thing is I will be happy with the Novagars I got. They are made by Gaerne. Would like them better with a shin plate though.
  15. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    point taken! if alpinestar really cares about me that way they should talk about their repair service openly on their site. its like a secret getting stuff repaired by them..they dont even acknowledge the hi-points on their site. the sidi soles are supposed to last longer anyway. i had to buy replacement straps elsewhere, would have bought straight from alpinestars if i could...'
    yes, the plate is excellent! mine are fairly dented towards the top, i get hit there alot. can wait to get out there with em.
  16. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    You could be my new best friend if you told me where you ordered the straps from....
  17. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    I wish there was somewhere in the UK I could get mine done. The straps on mine are leather that hook over steel studs riveted to the boot.
  18. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    as per mentioned in the thread earlier, the straps are available from metro racing or probably from calling alpinestars.
  19. Tarik Dreca Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW K 100 LT
    Hello everybody,

Does someone know where to find the replacement straps for Hi-Point boots (I guess type #2)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. i tried e-mailing Metro racing but they don't answer

Tarik

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. nop Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1100S, CL100, XL100
    Hi Tarik. I have those same straps on my Alpinestars (though my boots are a slightly different model). Last week one of mine broke and, looking for a replacement, I came across this thread and your post. I joined the site to let you know I eventually traded emails with a rep from Alpinestars who told me our straps are no longer available. However, I was able to make a new strap out of a piece of 1/8" ABS I had laying around. It was pretty easy and it works great! The only tools required were a pair of shears, a heat gun (to give the strap a bit of a curve), and my trusty RTX.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

I also recently had my boots resoled by a local cobbler with a Vibram mc-appropriate sole for ~$50. Alpinestars offers a resoling service, too, but with round-trip shipping it would have been a lot more expensive.

Hopefully this info is helpful to you Husky riders and anyone else looking to get a few more seasons out of their boots. Mine are 20 years old and going strong.

Cheers!