"Alley Sweeper" Urban Enduro, Portland, OR - April 19

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by JonXX, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    The sixth annual Portland Alley Sweeper is coming up on April 19th! This is a fun ride through the non-paved alleys of Portland and not to be missed, it's absolutely a hoot! Don't let the word "enduro" fool you though, the more inappropriate the bike, the more fun it is. My favorite bike that I've seen there is a cobbled together BSA hardtail chopper. Yes, you need a street legal bike!*

Keep an eye on http://sang-froidridingclub.com/ for more event information. The local news stations are already getting people pissed off about it. A smile and a wave goes a long way!

*one fellow a couple years ago had a temp and a flashlight taped to his CR500...
    Xcuvator and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  2. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

saw the news report... talk about over reaction... Jesus some people have nothing better to do....
    JonXX likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I hate to be the debbie downer here but this is kind of a mess and does not shed a good like on MC's in my opinion. 200 loud bikes, many not legal wheeling through what is virtually your back yard and leaving behind a muddy mess is kinda not cool. I personally skip this ride and go for a real off road ride. I like to do fun shit as much as the next guy but this is getting a little out of hand. Sorry if this upsets anyone, just my personal opinion. This event is going to come to a head soon and it is already getting attention it does not need. My 911 operator friend asked me about this the other day and said the cops are going to be looking for people doing illegal things this year. Be warned.
    JonXX and Bomber1b like this.
  4. r6jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    16 701 Enduro on 17's :)
    Other Motorcycles:
    a FE450 soon
    I can't wait, it's going to be a lot of fun again. I hope it rains this year. The last two times I went were sunny.
    JonXX likes this.
  5. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Seems like a good way to get shot. Bad rap for mc's imho.
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I hope you have fun Jon, but I'd spend my money to buy gas to get further from the portland area myself.:D
    JonXX likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    report? curious about this undercover event.
  8. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    All of the reports I received were positive, with only one "attempted incident." LEO presence was minimal. I wound up being scheduled to teach at the last minute, so I had to miss it. :(