1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Aggresive acceleration.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by trintron321, Aug 30, 2017.

1. trintron321 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sxv550
    Finally got my TE511 on the road... but throttle feels very aggresive. Like it snatches the cable early. Seems to be an initial delay... then comes on. This creates like a jerking effect... and i cant ride the throttle smoothly.

Whats peoples thoughts. Can i adjust anything?

Thanks.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I found my old 449 was like that and it was also idling too high and was not adjustable below 2200 rpms. It also de-accelerated way too slow, like a 2 banger rather than a 4 stroke.
    Maybe try a G2 throttle tamer. Its cam profile is softer initially and gives more control in the tight stuff. I have one on my Beta 480, great product.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Try adjusting the big brass screw. Count how many turns til all the way in before you start you should be somewhere between 3-5 turns out from all the way closed. You can adjust accordingly from there (more or less)
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    my son's 511 does (did) the same thing. but it now runs strong up high, but pretty shitty down low. I need to adjust the JD maybe, after the ZipTy ECU mod was done [2 thumbs up]. It has no more "tight" throttle, but instead a lot of rpm surging which feels different. The FBW butterfly is still installed.

But you might consider removing the FBW butterfly and high-idle cam thingy and see what that does for you. look for the CH threads.
  5. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Sounds like an odd thing.
    The power is usually very smooth, even with the second butterfly removed. My TE449 is very easy to ride around on small throttle openings.
    I have no butterfly, Map 3 (Akro Map) loaded in the ecu and my primary TPS reading set to 0.75v at idle.

There is a common slight, very light throttle hesitation noticeable only in road riding through a town or the like.
    All our normal riding is proper Enduro type stuff in the bush, so it doesn't concern me.
  6. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    I would suggest the throttle stop is adjusted too low . Vacuum pulls the butterfly stuck shut against the housing then you have to pull it hard to break it free and it goes jerky. Happens on cars too . Adjust the throttle stop fractionally higher . Then wind idle speed down with bypass screw
    starrblade likes this.
  7. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The ecu will self adjust idle speed if the idle arm is still in place.