1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc aftermarket parts database

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Durangedgoat, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you want some more aftermarket parts options for the 125's?

Case saver 3 vote(s) 42.9%
shifter 4 vote(s) 57.1%
exhaust mounts 6 vote(s) 85.7%
engine mounts 2 vote(s) 28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    Hello all,

I just wanted to jump start a new thread for parts that are still available in the aftermarket and others that OE, but still readily available. For a time there was little to no OE availability, but so far there are still items that can be found and/or acquired in a matter of days even with the current covid situation. To that end I am sourcing what can be found.
    So far I have located an all Hinson clutch setup. I have found heads, exhaust, sprockets, and rotors. I am also looking at reproducing the billet clutch basket as well as getting with EMIG on a triple tree setup. A few pieces are still missing. I have messaged a fellow member on a billet clutch saver and I would like to develop a billet shifter.

These bikes still make respectable power and handle well. The age may shy some away from beating on them to win in front of the likes Austrian era bikes as well as Yamaha, TM etc. But I think even at my age of 39 I can have a blast, clear a few doubles and climb some massive hills. It is a bit of an obsession/hobby of mine and I intend to share what I have found with all as much as I can.

If there is any information in this regard some can share and possibly link some threads together in a post that is great as well. Figure there is no time like the present.
  2. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    steadydirt and Aviduser like this.
  3. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
  4. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    Aviduser, GrooveThang and steadydirt like this.
  5. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    https://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/home.php?cat=1086

I haven't looked elsewhere yet, but here they have Mitaka listed as making a billet clutch basket for 1998-up CR/WR125.
    I plan to look up listings for a slipper clutch as well. Hope this helps!
    Aviduser likes this.
  6. splime738 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husky CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    various old 70's & 80's kx's
    What model is the Hinson clutch for
    Durangedgoat likes this.
  7. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    The basket fits just the CR/WR125. I believe you have to use the gear from the OE basket, but when I got my 2002 it came with it. Clutch parts that interchange are the Honda CR125 90-99 fibers and KTM144/150/200 clutch springs 98-12. I believe I have an interchange for the plates, but I will have to dig that up.
    Aviduser likes this.
  8. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    Aviduser likes this.
  9. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    FBF once offered a billet clutch basket. EFM has made an auto clutch setup for these bikes. Rekluse also offered an auto style clutch option as well. You have to order the parts direct.
    Aviduser likes this.
  10. Emmett Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ250
    So are we saying a Hinson basket for a Honda CR125 90-99 will fit in a Husky WR/CR125? If so what year Husky's? I have a 2013 WR that could use a basket and hub. Mitaka baskets are available but hubs are hard to come by. Will a Honda Hub work as well? Thanks
  11. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Been having a heck of a time finding lower rad shrouds that ship to canada

I placed an order with ufo plastics directly, so far its gone through. Will try to update if I have success
    steadydirt likes this.
  12. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Team Motorex Husqvarna CR125
    I can get billet talon engineering clutch baskets, I have 3 on the shelf at the moment I am also looking into getting OEM front yellow & rear blue fenders, fork protectors blue, front number plates blue and maybe some black variants made but I would have to get minimum 100 pieces made of each not sure I would be able to sell that quantity especially if folks are not bothered about the slightly different UFO plastics (notably the Suzuki front fender) Apico do a good clutch cork and plate kit here in the uk
    steadydirt likes this.
  13. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just to confirm you are saying you have a Hinson clutch basket??? What part number is that?? I only ask because when I spoke to Hinson last year they said they didn’t do a clutch basket for the husky CR125 or CR250
    I am keen to know what basket fits ours
  14. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Also I have a works connection bash plate I am looking at getting this remade too obviously without the WC stamped in but the same shape, dimensions and mounting with foam again not sure if it would sell
  15. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    just acquired a couple rear 125 rotors if somebody needs one.
  16. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    Did anyone ever find out about the baskets? I have an 02 wr125. And I try to get whatever I see for it cause it gets harder and harder to find parts. I just got a set of black plastics for it and Skda makes some really nice graphics kits. I believe can still get factory colors
  17. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have found a supplier of brand new OEM brake discs I am just trying to order some at the moment I let you know how I get on
  18. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Do you need a clutch basket I can get talon ones the team used them back in early 2000s

Attached Files:

steadydirt likes this.
  19. Sonnie Mee Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Another image of the basket out the box

Attached Files:

20. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    The cool thing about Talon is I believe they can remake those items. Those are similar to the FBF baskets. Mitaka currently makes them. Hinson only made them for a short time for the CR125. FBF still may have some left for the CR250 and I believe there is a company any out there that also makes them for the 250. I know FBF has them for the 4 strokes still. I also found out the shifter for the 4 strokes is the same at least with the 250-310 so that should help a little bit.
    I am interested in one of those Talon baskets. Thank you
    steadydirt likes this.