1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

After and Before - Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by schimmelaw, May 17, 2009.

1. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

81" 430XC street legal motard conversion in progress.

Photo 1: Comparison btwn after-market on top and stocker on the bottom.
    Stocker: 1/16" stamped steel w/cap welded on. Just like everbdy elses. Mine were packed w/ CA mud/dirt, bent, rusted, mounting holes wallowed out, teeth rounded over, wore out mounting hardware and finally, painted (sort of) the wrong color. Not much tolerance remained in the stock peg set up. Alot of slop back/forward and up/down at the mounting/pivot location.
    Aftermarket: 1/8" steel. Much beefier setup. Teeth look to be laser cut - very sharp. Peg are about 1 5/8" wide at the widest point (closest to the bike) and tapering down to about 1 1/4" wide at the tip.

Photo 2: Parts. I love new parts. The above pegs (Phillip in Arizona -$80.00 - Husky Product reproduction), nickle plated springs, 10mm nylon bushings, 8X55mm stainless allens, 8mm ssteel flat washers and 8mm nylock flange nuts.

Photo 3: Work done. The blue marks indicate where I did some welding to raise those areas. The "hooked end" of the spring had worn down the mount on the frame and hence had lost alot of its tension. By raising the material where the spring loops over the frame, the tension (preload) on the spring increased and the peg became significatly tighter. The new pegs also drooped at the ends when mounted up and necessiated a build up of the peg stop. A couple of beads were laid across the top and ground/filed down to match the contor of the underside of the pegs while keeping the peg level. Pegs don't droop and are now level. (This welding/grinding procedure was done on both sides of the bike)

Photo 4: Right side peg monted up. Notice where the mount got torched to bend the whole assemby forward (just left of the end of the peg). Pegs pointed backwards - now - post torching and a 2lb. sledge - pegs are straight and level.

Photo 5: Left side view. Same as above. Frame mount got welded, ground/filed and torched & bent just like above. Straight and level too.

These Husky Product reproduction pegs are bad:censored:ss and a huge improvement over the stockers. Heavy duty design, good beefy welds, sharp teeth, straight and level, rotate up easily without a lot of slop and "snap" back down with authority. I'm stoked.

Black powder.

Attached Files:

2. danny390or Husqvarna
    B Class

where did you get the pegs for 80.00 dollars who is phillip in arizona. Thank you
  3. HuskyT Moderator

Hi Danny,

Here is a link to parts sources. Phillip is at Husqvarna parts in Arizona. His is the very first source that I listed.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12

Welcome to the forum!

T
  4. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Update.

Couple of photos of blasted pegs. Ready for black powder.

Attached Files:

5. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

I have used the husky products pegs on my 250 and now my 430. They fit excellent and they bolt right on the bike. A good buy in my opinion. Mike
  6. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Steve,
    Absolutley genius !! and I like it. Any interference w/ your foot/boot?
    Rick
  7. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Looking good
  8. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Steve,
    Powder or paint on your frame? It looks good.
    Rick
  9. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

A conclusion to this thread.
    Pegs back from powder (along w/ frame!!) on Friday and mounted up on Saturday. Photos 1 and 3 are right side. Photo two is left side.

Attached Files:

10. HuskyT Moderator

Good to see that we all use those free USPS boxes for the same things.... I need to go get a few more for bike frame table top cushions myself...... great pics... your guy did a nice job on the powder!

T
  11. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Moody390 Husqvarna
    AA Class

schimmelaw, Your kick start and folding tip gear lever. What are the off? Des anyone know if they are a bolt on affair to a 1980 390cr bottom end?
  13. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Moody,
    I'm using a Moose shifter and an 85' up (I think) for the kicker. Kicker was on bike when I got it. I think they both will bolt up to yours. Might want to cross reference parts numbers to be on the safe side though.
    Rick
  14. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Nice finish on the pegs highdez.