1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Affordable crank bearings 3205BC3

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  2. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Thats really cheep. I hope it's what your looking for. What brand are they? I bought my Timkens from Motion products at around $125.00!
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Made by ZKL in Czech. I bought one to make sure. It’s the same as the orginal husky bearing. Same number.

There are two different double row ball bearings. One has the plastic cage with half the amount of balls and the other has the steel cage that’s exactly like the husky bearing. This one is exactly like the husky bearing.

I found a place for Viton seals too.
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    too good to be true...7.95? thats a touch cheaper than a good quality wheel bearing cost. doesnt make sense.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I know that’s why I ordered one to make sure it’s the right one. I just ordered five more so I have six.
    I have one case I’m going to install all new tranny bearings too. Maybe these will be affordable too I’ll do all my cases.
    We’re being ripped off somewhere. Either that or the manufacturers and middleman are making money.

I’m not cheap I’m frugal.
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    good crank bearings cost more than that to make. counterfeit crank bearing market is HUGE
    2premo likes this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It has a total of 28 balls. That’s 14 on a side.

The bearing race says 3205 ZKL czech. The box says 3205BC3 ZKL made in Czech Republic.
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    2premo likes this.
  9. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    We have had this conversation here on cafe husky many times. I spokr with a Timken engineer and if i remember correctly they don't make the 14 double row c3 anymore....it's a 13 dbl now. But at least it's a Timken.
    justintendo and 2premo like this.
  10. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    typically with bearings,,,,, unless someone is wholesaling a warehouse of them
    you really do get what you pay for!
    Kartwheel68 and justintendo like this.
  11. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I don't mean to be a buzz kill but if the number on the bearing is different than the box then it may have been tampered with it or it may be counterfeit.

The stock SKF bearing has a C3 designation on the bearing. C3 appears to be important.

Also the B designation may represent a different ball contact angle.

Check out the designation chart below. I got it off the ZKL Bearing Designation Website: http://www.zkl.cz/en/for-designers/7-bearings-general-data#71

This is the Czech bearing Vintage Husky sells, its $40. Posters have said they've used them for years without a problem.
    DSCN9894 c.JPG

ZKL Designations
    Untitled 2.png
  12. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    C3 is size of the OD in reference to the interference fit, how tight the press fit is.
  13. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    bbbbb.jpg Kind of confusing, I put 3205 in the search box. The top one is $7.95 but is not zkl and says single row. The lower rows are multiple times more. I guess you have to call or chat as clicking on things do nothing for me.

from post 11 the maximum capacity with loading slot for zkl should have an E in the code. B is single row angular contact as per post 11 picture. {post7"It has It has a total of 28 balls. That’s 14 on a side.

The bearing race says 3205 ZKL czech. The box says 3205BC3 ZKL made in Czech Republic. "}

That bearing was on my ebay watch list, or at least one form CZ for a long time at $40.

Don't the non maximum capacity x205 have 9 balls per race not half of 14?
  14. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The bearing I purchased has 14 balls on each side that’s 28 ball bearings total, it has the steel cage too. For $7.95? I’m going to run them.

I have the 3205 with less balls and the plastic cage I’ll half to dig them out. I used these on the early 250’s with no problems in the past. But I perfer the 3205 with the 28 balls.

Nowadays the way big companies use outside vendors to manufacture stuff and farm everything out who’s stuff is who’s? Anything can be remarked with another brand. Who do we trust? I think as long as I’m not using it in a airplane and I’m not flying in it I’ll try it. Maybe they have a warehouse full and it’s priced to sell. I wish I was working I give the bearing to the metallurgy to test it material and hardness wise.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now

The American manufacturer Springfield armory m1a rifle civilian version. Called the Chinese norinco m14 junk too because of the competition and lower price. Fulton armory tested the Chinese m14 and did a report. The SA m1a was a cast steel receiver while the m14 was forged 5100 steel which they rumored to be our scrap rail road track. Some owners of the m14 say there very accurate, the m14 also has a chrome lined bore and chamber. Some say it’s soft steel but from shooters who own the m14 for decades swear by them. My point is we can’t judge a book by its cover.
  16. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    I was using those and purchsed them at $22 each. I have not been able to find any. Bill , never seen that B listed in any of one s
    i used or purchased. Could be they are. But be careful. I would use it if i could trust it. But ?

Note - SKF has had a production lapse for the 3205 E C3 which was made by MRC {owned by SKF ) But coming back next year.
    Good news is MRC has a 5305 C3 metal cage. Really same size , same balls 26 and about $63 each. But make sure yu have right size
    as their is a different style for other applications ODD the 3205 E skf says they are poly cage but last three I purchased all were metal.

Must make sure Bill that you are getting the top line of the ZKL bearing. And not a lower designation version.

C3 is the internal clearane of bearing balls to race for expansion of heat, friction in high stress applications. MRC is rated a C3 but they do not put that on bearing.
  17. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Yes Bill make sure that it says NEW FORCE for ZKL. on the box and on the bearing

Please note that the MRC factory is in Ohio and SKF and MRC ard made in same factory.
    its really the same
  18. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  19. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    you get what you pay for with bearings. pay now or pay alot more later when it grenades ! $8.00 CRAP chinese bearings are never on my build list !!!
    86 400 XC likes this.
  20. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    It is not going to grenade. At least not on the owner, let someone with a ride it like they stole it stickers on it who will ignore any signs of problem is the way to get there. Might make some chips come out and then have to do over again.

I have my doubts about how real this is as noted in above. The place leads me to believe they buy some of their stuff at auction or sealed bid sale or some other closing out of business so it is not improbable they have one brand at a way different price.