Advise for the new 610TE owner

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by sidedrifter, Aug 3, 2008.

1. sidedrifter Husqvarna
    B Class

I have found a lot of nuts and bolts real loose or just not tight enough. So grab a hand-full end wrenches,allen wrenches and sockets and go over every screw and fastener you can get to. These are not a no maintenance type bikes also read the owners manuel. I just did my first oil and filter change at 200 miles and there was a lot of metal and crap in the bag filter by the shifter.
  2. Baritone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several
    That's funny. I now buy med thread locker by the gallon. My last discover was while messing with my carb (06) I discovered that both of my footpegs were loose and the primary wire to the starter was loose too. (explains the intermitent starter button problem). Although it really doesn't feel like it this baby vibrates that much for a thumper, it must vibrate like a paint mixer...:D
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The crap in the filters is nothing to alarmed about. Typical new bike crap. it will go away on a oil change or two.

Bolts, yep, have to chase them some.
  4. sidedrifter Husqvarna
    B Class

Thats good to know about the filter. As for nuts & bolts its just part of a weekly walk around or more often if I am off roading.
  5. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

It cannot shake more than a KTM LC4!~
    Thread lock is not enough..RTV everything you want to keep!:D
  6. rajobigguy Administrator

Its' good advice. Of course I think its' good advice for any dirt bike/dual sport.
    As others have said the stuff in the bag filters cleans up after a change or two which is why its' recomended to to get the first oil changes done very early on.
    So far as going over all the nuts and bolts, that should be a given for just about any motorcycle. I always spend a full day with a new bike and go over everything when I first get it, that way I get to know the bike and what to expect for any trail side maintenence and make sure that it is prepped properly.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was at Trailtech and we were sorting out a stator for the TXC, he popped off the ignition cover and there was a little grey residue in the flywheel, he said "that one looks good, KTM's usually have a 1/16 inch of metal crap in there". The magnets on the stator attract metal and it ends up all over the inside of the flywheel. Might not be a bad idea to clean that once in the while. He was cracking up when i was cleaning it all out and said... "You love those huskys huh?" :D