Advice required on 09--610TE

Discussion in '610/630' started by Blazes, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Hi all. Just want to pick some brains here. Need advice on the TE610 fuel injection as far as Fuel consumption goes. ?
    All types of riding.

Input will be much appreciated, as the dealers here in South Africa have not got a clue.
  2. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

As far as fuel mileage goes with NO modifications, I've got as good as 62 mpg at normal cruising. As low as 48 at higher RPM's on the street. And the same with on and off the throttle in the dirt. Hope that helps.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive done 132 miles on a full tank and still had a bit left.

Off road hitting it hard still gets 40-45mpg. On road cruising i always get at least 50mpg.

Its amazing the difference between spinning the wheels in the sand, vs. 1/8th throttle am-i-gonna-make-it to that remote gas station 35 miles from here.

Im not surprised at all guys are getting over 60mpg.

Curiously-
    I found the fuel economy to be very similar both stock, and with the power up kit.
  4. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank's seems like they are not the leanest on fuel consumption. What size is your fuel tank? I see here in S/A the specs say 3.3us gal. 12.5litres plus minus. We work in litres this side of the iron curtain
  5. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank's:thumbsup: I can live with that and just carry 7litre fuel cell with me on the longer trips.
    Funny i also found that my 450 TE hardly any difference to fuel consumption on hard or casual riding ?

By the way i hear the fuel pump is in the tank. Is this true. Could be a problem for a aftermarket tank.
  6. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes the fuel pump is in the tank, and its got an auto shut off if its on its side or upside down, making it even more difficult for the aftermarket guys...

Aqualine in Australia has said they would make a larger tank, but its not certain.

Nobody offers one for the FI bikes, and adapting a non FI tank has proven a challenge on account of that pump.

You can get 200kms on a tank. But after that you are asking for trouble.

Lets see some pics of the 610 in SA!
  7. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yea, that sounds right , 3.2 gal. Whatever that interprets into liters.
  8. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

62mpg on a 610??? Dang-it guys, now you got me thinking about trading in the WR-R for a TE610. That's what I would have bought to begin with had I known that similar fuel mileage could be attained. What am I going to do now??? What is a good U.S. price for a new one? Oh yeah, one more thing...how am I going to break this to my wife????
  9. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had no clue about the shut off Mike... Mine has spent quite a bit of it's time on it's side on the ground putterin along with me sitting next to it, wondering, "what just happened" LOL....

I guess my shutoff is a lil stubborn .. :)
    lets's hope she doesn't pick up too many more of her owners traits.. LOL....
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My carb'd 06 gets about 50 MPG all the time on the street in SMR trim. Flogging it or not. 150 miles a tank.
  11. racerx64 Husqvarna
    A Class

I got 144 miles on a tank riding 2track on my 08 with the power up kit. Problem was, I needed to go 146 miles.:lol: Good thing I brought some extra fuel.
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Same motor different purpose, I get 55 miles per gallon on my SM610. It looks to be the norm for the 610s to get around 45 to 55. I like it! It's nice to go that far on a couple of gallons.
  13. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I have an 08 610 and I have got as much as 240 km on a tank, with gas still left. Although today I ran out of gas at 221 km.

I do have the an after-market can the O2 plug and resistor chip mod.