1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Adventures with my TE310 - the beginning

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by WbCherry, Dec 20, 2011.

1. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
  2. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    I'm not dying to tell you anything. As for the price of the bike, I got the same bike new for 6000. in 2010. All that crap you put on it does not make it worth what your asking. There is no way your going to get 10,000 miles out of a race bike. Buy the way 2012's list for 8199. and it's a lighter and better bike. Hey but what do I know just started riding.( IN 1973 )
    Aaron8 and 510 SM SC like this.
  3. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I sold my 09 with 1200 miles on it for $3500.
  4. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    doesn't look like the bike is listed on adv any more. Did it sell?
  5. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    I bet not. A lot of people can talk a good story, but when it comes time to back it up they can't . I hope this is not the case here. I enjoyed this thread with his wit an humor and his good intentions. WB Cherry I wish you all the luck and did not mean to piss you off but 10500. for a bike that sold for 6000. seemed like a mis print. As for my experinces, I am older than you and have more of them but does not make them idiotic.
  6. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    yeah, I'm definitely hoping the best for WB too.....wondering what happened? I hope the fact that I couldn't find the bike on adv is just a sign he may not need to sell it afterall.
    Angus likes this.
  7. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    I purchase my 2011 TE310 for $6300 that would mean I could have the newer redesigned xlite bike and $3200 in extras to be at the same price. Best of luck selling but my advice would be to keep it unless you need the money. Otherwise your gonna be taking a bath if you try to sell.
  8. MontyCarlo Husqvarna
    A Class

Looking at WB's other posts, I am guessing a thin-skinned post or two got the thread yanked. I'm sure several ADV inmates called him out on the price, and almost as certain there was a snarky and/or rude reply, and probably some inappropriate comment about BMW riders, the consequence being that mods nuked the thread.

But, yeah, :popcorn:
    benwiggin2 and HuskyTaylor like this.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I thought the BMW rider remark was pretty funny. :D
    Angus likes this.
  10. MontyCarlo Husqvarna
    A Class

Hmm... Maybe I'm the one who's thin-skinned, after all, I am one of those poser Beemer Geezers :rolleyes: ..

When I'm not on this...
    [IMG]

I'm probably riding this..[IMG]
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I missed the BMW jibe...

I have an F800GS and I like it. If I want to ride from the SF Bay Area to Utah and play on some not too challenging dirt (which becomes more challenging on a larger bike) while enjoying the sights, the F800GS is a great bike for that. Plus I can spank sport bikes in the local twisties. :D
    ReliefReservoir.jpg
    Yeah, I totally overpacked for the trip. This was my first camping trip on a bike. I've downsized my pack considerably.

I also have a K1100LT which I've put a fair number of miles on since I bought it new in 1996...
    K11LilDragon.jpg

And while we're at it... I gotta toss one in of the 310...
    310Tule.jpg

Given that WB seems to be setting aside his dream, which he put a lot of effort and money into, I 'm not surprised he might be grouchy and testy. Not at all.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I hope you saved that deer leg snack for later. :D

Out here, we don't waste anything!

[IMG]
    McKay and benwiggin2 like this.
  13. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
    Shame this thread's dyin down. This is my first encounter with owners of both 310's & GS'. :love: Oh well. I just saw the pic of the loaded 310 and I couldn't believe it.
  14. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    I agree, this was building up to be a great adventure, too bad somebodies panties got all twisted up.
    WB come back and bring your sense of humor with you!
  15. WbCherry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE310
    Whassup?

It's Dr. WB, now. Well...soon, at least. I got into medical school in October.
    MNB is correct. Giving up the dream was incredibly upsetting, but a good decision. I'd like to thank the haters that passed judgement over the internet, here and other places. For a tiny nominal fee, I'll implant your BMW keychain next to your coronary ateries.

Besides, it's cold in the Rockies. And I focking hate being cold.

The bike is in storage. I've had a handful of interested buyers. The last guy offered me $2000, saying he grew up racing Huskies in the 1960s. I asked why he offered a 1960's price.
    It is still for sale. I tried $6500, which encouraged lowballers like the last guy. I'll go as low as $4000, which is below Blue Book value. If it doesn't sell...well, I'm about to be $320k in tuition debt. I'm not really desperate for a few thousand, and it's not my fault that you are. Please go buy a BMW for $2000.

I had something funny to say. But it's nowhere close to saying someone wears panties.
    dave lindsey likes this.
  16. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    Glad your back DR. WB! Please stick around even if you aren't planning that epic trip. I say keep the Husky and use it while in school, you will need to blow off steam somehow, Im sure.

Congrats on your accomplishments :applause: , sorry about the debt required to get you there :censored: .

Welcome back!
  17. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Welcome back, keep the bike, even doctors need to blow off steam- it may be the only way to keep your sense of humour!:cheers:
  18. Dave Lowe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Not sure how I found this thread, was browsing the forum waiting for my 4:00 client, and read through the entire thing. After about the first page or two I had a hunch that if I just skipped to the last page this dude backed out of the trip, which I didn't, but was right haha. I've ridden bikes now for over 15 years, mainly motocross, and at 17 started traveling doing professional freestyle motocross shows for the Monster Jam circuit on a Cannondale. I have long since had kids and opened up and operate a tattoo studio in North Western Pa. I recently got a brand new left over 2012 Husky TE 310 BECAUSE I basically wanted a bike to commute back and forth to work on and occasionally play on some mx tracks. Now I won't be jumping any freestyle ramps on this bike or hitting 90 ft triples but with a little suspension work this bike is very much capable of it. These bikes, to me, are basically a street legal MX or race bike and that's why it appealed to me and is why I bought it. Why on earth would anyone even consider trying to ride one of these cross county is absolutely beyond me. I mean technically you could do the trip on a motorized scooter if you wanted to but why? Especially having no experience on an offroad bike. Most seasoned riders know how and when to bail off a bike when things go south. I've seen PLENTY of new riders just tense up when things go south and hold onto the bike for dear life and get pile drived and hurt. Very respectable cause and idea for the trip but, in my opinion, is best you backed out of it. With all the gadgets, gizmos and racks on that thing, in the event of an offroad crash, is begging to snag your arm or leg in there somewhere and snap it. I stay away from the heavy duty braced hand guards for that reason. If you stuck with riding, 10 years down the road you will look back on this thread and think "what the hell what I thinking!?" On the other hand, these are great machines and I can't wait for the weather to break here say I can ride to the track, take my mirrors off and have a little moto fun!!
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  19. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Haha, not seen this thread for a while, was good fun while it lasted! Wonder what happened to him?
  20. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

It was kinda lacking in any real...you know....actual riding pics.....

[IMG]
    kensea, Dave Lowe, Freaky and 2 others like this.