Acewell ACE-3200 installation (w/ pics)

Discussion in '610/630' started by nachoman, Jul 5, 2009.

1. nachoman Husqvarna
    B Class

Just wanted to share - just installed an Acewell ACE-3200 on my '99 TE610. Was originally shooting for a 3700-series with the blinker lights built in and such, but Electrosport had the ACE-3200 on a good deal. They did flub up and my order "slipped through the cracks" but were quick to send it out when I contacted them, so I won't complain too much. Took a handful of pictures and will post more as time permits though if you are curious about any of the installation points, please feel free to ask.

Anyway, pictures are all available here: TE610 Project - Acewell Installation

Alternatively, the main link for my TE610 pages is here, and links to the Acewell page as well: TE610 Project

[IMG]

Edit: Interesting thing I noticed on the first ride: when wearing polarized sunglasses, the ACE-3200 screen takes on almost a rainbow effect. It doesn't hinder vision of the display much but it and my Garmin 60Csx both have different effects when wearing polarized sunglasses. Just an observation!
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. nachoman Husqvarna
    B Class

Actually, if you use the following link, it's on sale for $79.95 if you buy the generic "S" cable for speedo pickup: http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bike/speedometers-series-3200.php. Its actually the "ACE-3200 MX" model it seems.

It doesn't display temps lower than 120F and just lists "- L -" in the display instead, but I generally don't care too much about low temps vs. high temps.

The mount was at the wrong angle for my ~6' tall self so I flattened it slightly to get a good viewing angle.

Overall it seems to do a good job and is easy to read. The small numbers on the bar tach can be hard to read with the vibration, but you can always just set the display to be bar tach, speed, and numerical tach if it matters.

Definitely worth the money!