1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC A Little Disappointed...

Discussion in '4st' started by Dirtdame, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE450,11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,Hodaka100,MV Agusta Brutale
    So....I have had my 2018 FE 501 for about a year now, and I have 1900 miles on it so far. Yesterday, during a dualsport ride, the clutch failed. It was annoying ride back to the parking area for sure. When I got home, I went to the dealer and bought an Oberon slave unit. It is an expensive fix, but I have heard that this is the best option. Then I washed the bike and installed the new unit. I also noticed that water got under the display cover on the odometer. I don't squirt the heck out of the odometer, so that is disappointing also. Not too impressed with these failures on the bike. It's too early in the bike's life for that. I hope there won't be any more for a while.
    [IMG]
    DYNOBOB and LandofMotards like this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Most of our supermoto series is FS450's and the clutch slave has failed on about half of them. There's supposedly an updated one but the common fix is the go with the KTM one. Dealers are warranting them outside the window though
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Sorry to hear all that, we spend a lot of money on bikes and it sucks hearing about any issues
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430...
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx
    Are these Magura slaves that are failing? I had Brembo failures, years ago, on the KTM, but not for many year-models now.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah they are. From what everyone has told me they upgrade to the brembo ones.
  6. robertaccio Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    92BetaZero260, 01YamahaYZ125
    Oberon on my 2008 ex- TXC450 bullet proof. stock Maguras failed constantly, I became an expert on closed loop hydraulic systems!!!
    Dirtdame and LandofMotards like this.
  7. PDL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf 450X, Ktm 625 SXC....
    FWIW, Mine had not failed but as preventive maintenance I used the Brembo parts out of the KTM 450/500 on my '17 FE450. Only difference is make sure to use the Brembo spring (its a larger diameter) and the Brembo piston uses an Oring instead of the seal like the Magura. Mine had a good chunk of white grease in the slave unit. Also the fluid did not smell like typical brake fluid. Works as good or better as original.
  8. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    My son just bought a 19 501. First ride out on rocky dirt road passenger side blinker fell off, no crash just riding down the road. We put the tail kit on n no more issues but really!!!
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I blew up the stock underfender on about the third ride. Luckily, it is fairly cheap to replace, and I just cut the bottom half of the new one off. No problems with that since then.
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    My other son bought a 19 ktm excf 500 same bike basically, the little differences are comical really. I ended up with the six days excf 450 ktm and its so much smoother. All are very nice but quality control could be a little better. Such as the drivers side foot peg pin was upside down. For the money you'd think fit n finish would be a bit better.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  11. SSPhoto Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Husaberg FE390
    Mine failed at 200 hours. Got a different spec o-ring from Riders Edge Husqvarna in Vernon, BC for $5 and haven't had an issue since. No need for a whole new slave cylinder...
    Dirtdame likes this.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Really? You should post up a brand/part number for this o-ring. Nobody else on the forums I have participated in seems to know about this important, but somehow well kept secret.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. SSPhoto Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Husaberg FE390

Contact Riders Edge Suspension in Vernon, BC. Don't know the part #/source, they stock the seal as they know it's a common problem and easy fix.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  14. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Hopefully the promised retro upgrade has been successful on the newer models

Magura Slave repair .png