A legit case of GRRRRR

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by The Old Husky, Apr 12, 2021.

1. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    DSCF9416.JPG

I was riding around with empty auxiliary tanks, not even connected to the fuel system. I did this to see if the tanks causing any problems during the ride, refueling the main tank and getting on or off the motorcycle.

This turn out well, so i decided to make the final aluminium welds of the rear mounting system and build some precision plates to mount the handlebar tank instead of the delivered Acerbis washers. In this oval aluminium plates i made 3 holes with M6 thread. In the future i can use this to mount GPS, road book or camera. The tank also sits a lot better when riding, especially when full.

DSCF9447.JPG

DSCF9445.JPG

I connected the tanks together and used check valves to prevent the higher handlebar tank to overflow in the other tanks when i fill them up. This way i can open all fuel taps and refill al tanks without particular order. And i don't have to think about to open the handlebar tank after so many miles riding on the main tank. They all act as one tank.

DSCF9450.JPG

A test ride on a beautiful warm 20 degrees celsius spring day with all tanks filled up conformed it work fine. So, well done so far. I change the oil for a racing grade SAE 5W40. Everything was ready to go for the 2021 season.

And then.....

Winter decided to give it another try...
    gots_a_sol likes this.
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Cold here in the UK as well, not really got into Spring proper yet.