1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 99 Cr250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sapphire, Dec 24, 2022.

1. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    Hey I need some husky experts help.

SFTQ2939.JPG

Picked up this 99 CR250 a two weeks ago for too much, it started 2nd kick and had enough compression to bruise my foot ( damn flip flops ) it ran pretty strong and came with a box of extra parts (score!)

Attached Files:

steadydirt likes this.
  2. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    well... I started to take the bike apart to clean and have the frame powder coated when I ran into this when i drained it

so yeah bad head gasket :( took the top end off and the water seal o-ring was cracked

[IMG]
  3. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    When i got it asked about top end - said he just did it. Head o rings were cracked and all this goodness.... Any places do cyl swaps?
    KBJE5147.JPG
    FOUV6793.JPG
    GXMX5357.JPG
    NZOD3737.JPG
  4. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    IMG_6812.JPG

Taking the bike apart was neat. I ordered new DC plastics for the tank and size number plates and a whole box pretty much everything AS3 makes for it and a whole bunch of parts that dont even go to it but I have a strong will and a welder :)

So both wheels are quite bent (maybe can true, idk how tho and i dont have the tool) so im trying to find a set of wheels from another bike that will work with it (anyone know of any?)

JJZC9082.JPG

time to strip it all for powder coat, going with Power bait on the frame and Merlins Potion on the aluminum bits

egh.jpg

going with Ceracote on the case covers with a polished lower end, I'd like to use anodized orange wheel hubs with black rims but i'd really just like to find what hubs will fit this thing

So the big questions for the pros is

Wossner forged vs factory OEM from AMOC vs Vertex cast replica

Anyone have the hub dimensions for the stock 98-99 hubs

and are there frame covers I can get? like where your boots smack the frame, i dont want my boots turning green lol

I'd like to restore it to new shape with some mild porting and pro circuit pipe and silencer, I'm assuming it has a TMX 38 from the factory? Anyone have some good jetting info for the combo for the tennessee river vally

anyone have some parts for 98-99's around nashville that would be amazing.

Attached Files:

GrooveThang and gots_a_sol like this.
  5. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    Few of the new parts showed up, now to take them apart :love: , decided to order the Wossner in size C

1.JPG

also does anyone know what this goes to? sure aint this bikes clutch
    IMG_6829.JPG

Attached Files:

GrooveThang likes this.
  6. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    best to get the cylinder repaired or replated. And run a 97 -01 Honda cr250 piston kit like i have for years there easier to find and more size options.
    Please keep posting your progress.
    steadydirt likes this.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Another vote for replating the cylinder. Any of the pistons you asked about are good, some of the wossners require a special wrist pin bearing so be sure to check that.
  8. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    Well i'll def keep you updated on this 250, Im opting for a replate but i had to wait for the piston to show up, and well, behold

NUDJ0040.JPG

Got the quotes for powder coating and all thats left is to clean them up for sandblasting, my stator cover is scuffed up really bad from the shifter digging into it so ill post some pics of it cleaned and polished when its done, going to have the polished bits all powdercoated in clear so they dont have to be repolished

also sad story, got my best friend a 125 in a trade and... lets just say make sure you dont have straight water in your bike, got a new head for it but the kickstart is missing and the bolt snapped off in there, i mesured the kickstart shaft at about 14mm and it looks like a YZ125 kickstart will fit so we will find out when it gets here

IMG_6850.PNG
    XVWM8572.JPG
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    what year is the 125?
  10. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    It is a 2007, its pretty nice too, has rad braces and everything. Its a shame i ordered all the cr250 parts already it would be a good bike for a 250 swap. After searching everywhere i bought a 01 head and power valve setup, new piston rings, gaskets and head bolts and i got the bolt drilled out and my tap broke off inside it so yaaay...

but theres work to be done
    QPNZ6694.JPG
    getting all the shifter scrapes off the clutch cover, almost done just need finer pads for the drill
    WXRC9981.JPG

cleaning up the hardware with a rock tumbler

IMG_6892.JPG

but i the meantime

IMG_6894.JPG

the clutch was a on-off switch with this thing and the clutch only has .1mm of life left lol
  11. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    boring stuff, cleaning head up for replate
    IMG_6888.JPG

also the oil cap was missing and there were no nice ones and no info on a good swap for a jap bike and so i got a 05-08 kawaski KX250 fill plug from AS3 and they are the same or KX250/450 F from 04-23
    IMG_6889.JPG

IMG_6890.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG
    Frame is at the body shop getting powder coating so i guess im just cleaning stuff up till i get my head back after the replate, still waiting on radators, plastics, graphics, and swingarm and wheel bearings and a buttload of anodized goodies.
    Durangedgoat likes this.
  12. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    IMG_6903.JPG
    IMG_6905.JPG

did a little paint removal today, worked on the covers a bunch. Thinking of doing some 3d scans of the side cover and getting one made but id have to get the 3d printer working for prototype fitting. got a honda TRX250 oversized intake boot since the husky one was cracked and trash
    steadydirt and 2premo like this.
  13. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Thanks for posting up your progress. nice to see another husky being rescued. if your looking for new clutch plates. you can fit the steels from Newfren F1449(A) Clutch Plates
    HUSQVARNA TE 570 01 -13 Fibre clutch plates can be used from a kawasaki kx 500 and kawasaki zx 900 b4 model drop in fit.
  14. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC

question on the intake
    is it longer? i so what will that do at the air boot?
  15. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    It is a bit longer, but its also silicone so its easy to trim. I wont know till i get the frame back to fit the airbox and measure it but ill prolly use a box knife to trim half a inch or so off the end of it
  16. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    also was going to add the base is quite thick with a steel plate in it that could be machined down prolly 1/4" too
  17. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    Well i gave up on the cr 125 since it needed like wayyy to much to convert it back to 125 so i thought hey id get a parts bike and found this on marketplace for $125
    IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6920.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    all new 144 kit ftw
  18. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250

got it running. came with a jet kit for the 2013 i tried and nah but it was a 144 from the get go so i switched back. This is going to be my next project once the frame arrives for the 250. got the cyl back from the machine shop and its ready to assemble once the covers are powder coated and clutch and radators show up from italy
    2premo likes this.
  19. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    well its been at the powdercoaters forever it seems but he did send me a teaser friday

image_2023-01-14_224640233.png

so while i wait i have been rebuilding the suspension and brakes

IMG_6966.JPG
    cuz that was all fork oil :(
    IMG_6988.JPG
    but i got them all fixed up with new seals, bearings ring things and inner seals just need fork oil now
    IMG_6987.JPG
    I cleaned everything up as best as i could and replaced every bearing holding the back wheel to the bike and mirror polished the swingarm as best as i could but my buffer is for peterbuilt gas tanks and i cant clamp it down with my crappy clamps so ill finish it on the bike when the frame comes home
  20. sapphire Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 CR250
    I got the dc plastics for the tank and rear number plates, i was on the fence about the rear fender but i ordered it. Im having a hell of a time getting the number plates to line up, anyone have any advice?
    IMG_6938.JPG

Attached Files: