1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

!987 WR 430

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by reelboys, Feb 21, 2011.

1. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bringing it back to life
  2. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    Got anything else for us? Pics, back-story, final goal? I've been thinking about a restoration project myself.
  3. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

THAT BIKE IS SO NICE DOESNT NEED RESTO! JUST KICK IT AND RIDE!
  4. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

WELL HEAR GOES NEW PISTON ,ROD CLUTCH SEALS BEARINGS POWDER COATED FRAME

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      107.4 KB
      Views:
  5. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

SAVED STOCK PLASTIC REMAIN SHOCK// FORKS EMULATORS SPRINGS ,, REBUILT CALIPER USING KTM PARTS BRING BACK SIDE PANELS,, OME DECALS POR PIPE COATED 4 MM TUBES FRESH M31S,, EVERY THING ELSE POLISHED COATED NEW SEALS BEARINGS ,WHEELS, STERRING
    HEAD , SWING ARM 008.JPG 008.JPG 001.JPG 008.JPG 007.JPG
  6. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

IM PLANING 1994 SHOWA FORKS USD HUSKY WR//// UPDATED DISC SCOTTS DAMPENER REAR DISC AND COMPUTER FAN AND OVER FLOW TANK WILL UP DATE
  7. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Was the wristpin loose in the piston?

What kind of rod are you using? Or going to use. If you are so picky as to replace the rod I can only guess as to how many of the gears you will want to replace in the transmission?

I am going to replace the seal on that clutch acutating arm with a little bearing on mine. Pulling that thing out and examining for dirt and wear is a pretty good indication of the amount of use an engine has had as well as how sloppy it is in it's bore.

Fran
  8. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Side to side it was, The wist pin and bearing were super tight I opened up the case gears were like new I had all the parts new any way .. A husky dealer went belly up and bin buying boxs of parts for pennies..The bore still had the X marks on the walls But droped in a new woosler piston
  9. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310, 1987 WR 430 1987 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 Suzuki RMX,1980 Can-Am 400
    I am doing the same restoration project. Mine is a total bucket project-but what isn't from 1987? Frame, hubs and rear spring are powder coated, carb is cleaned. Cases split and new crank, bearings, and all new gaskets....piston will be later. Only plastics left keeping is a head light and right side panel air box cover and gas tank. I hope my project will look like yours soon. It will be a rider and hope to have it for the fall.
  10. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BTW I have found that huskyparts.com-very helpful, and DC plastics have most of what I need. The rims on the original are trashed-gouges and have cracks..........any advice? fix and coat/plate or order new????? I think order new but very expensive from the source for Sun Rims
  11. HuskyT Moderator

order Rims/ spokes from Buchanan (google) ...... new Excel Takasago's would look great... Add $40 bucks for any color you may want anodized.. put a new coat of powder on the hub when you have the spokes stripped out ...

IF you don't want to do the work/lace, powder the hub and ship it to them... they will put it all together and ship back....

They will quote you prices over the phone....

T
  12. VTtxc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks HuskyT. I have the original hubs black powder coated and will call Buchanan. Excel has a rim that fits that hub? I would get the gold ones!
  13. gearco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 500XC, 1984 400WR, 1987 430WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1967 Bultaco Metralla, 1978 Metralla
    I wouldn't do the Showa forks; Instead, I'd put on a complete Marzocchi upside down front end from a 2005 Husky 450TC or TE. you get the great Brembo front brake and much lighter wheel. I also put the 2005 rear wheel and disk onto my 1985 XC500 aluminum swingarm. you have to machine out the axle opening for the larger rear axle and adjusting block-not a big deal if you have a friend with a milling machine; also you have to weld a piece of alum onto the left side of the swingarm as the holder for the brake caliper. altogether you lose about 22 pounds in the process, plus you have modern suspension and brakes. If there's any interest I could post some pictures.
  14. NYWR430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Beautiful restoration!! What was the paint/powder code you used for the White frame?
  15. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

it WAS CALLED PALE WHITE PASTEL FROM THE POWDER COATER it matched pretty close
    Thanks im riding the vintage class and can just slip the showa forks thur tech inspection

Attached Files:

16. reelboys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky junk web site has ome gold rims 200 a pair