90's motard wheels info

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by H0tr0d, Oct 4, 2015.

1. H0tr0d Husqvarna
    AA Class

What are my option s to fit 17" rims to a 96 TE610? Has a 99/2000 TE610 USD front end (forks, triple clamps & brakes). I thought I had a set from a late 2000's SM510 only to find they run 25mm axles. Mine has 20mm axles front and back so no love there.

Have heard Honda CRF's have a 20mm front axle but a larger rear.

Have read relacing standard hubs with 17" rims is difficult due to a differing spoke pattern to the Japanese brands making rim availability limited. Saying that not sure if this only applies to the newer bikes(the last 15 yrs).

Cheers any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Braaapster Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '93 WXC 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '95 XR600R, '03 DR650
    I'm going to help you bump this thread back to life, as I'm also interested in getting some 17s for my '93 WXC 610. I have a spare front hub so lacing to a 17 hoop is an option for me, but cheaper is always better...
  3. Blackbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450
    Look at around 2002 Ktm wheels, the wheel spacers they use actually are bushings that take the bearing size down to 20mm, I think they go from 25 od to 20id it's worth looking at. Otherwise check out my thread where I ran a smaller axle and just made a bushing so the forks still clamp to it