I've been working on my '86. It will be a rider not a restore. I want a functional period correct bike (at this point). My goal is function and some aesthetics. Hopefully I can run this at some of the vintage events. She started like this- a fairly complete low hour bike that had sat for I was told 8-10 years. Good compression, no spark. Fixing the ground allowed it to be started and run to check the general workings. I replaced ignition crank seal and reeds at this time. Motor was fine, clutch and tranny fine too. The water pump had corrosion but had not eaten through. this was cleaned and epoxied. here's a picture of the reed cage and old reeds. It turned out to be a Mossbarger cage. The info on this site allowed me to find reeds and solve the ignition problem. after confirming it would run, I started to order parts and strip the bike down. Powdercoating the frame seemed the best option as rusty as it was. I used a local guy who charged me $125 cash to strip and powdercoat including sealing thread openings and the steering stem. Just back from the shop. Piles of shit everywhere.