1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'85 250cr Carburetor Replacement

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by ShadetreeCT, Oct 22, 2022.

1. ShadetreeCT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rokon, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki,
    Hi all. I have a 1985 250cr that needs a carb, does anyone have a known part number? It has a tx-41 that no ones heard of on it.
    (I started a thread with TX-41 in the title, I think since no ones heard of that carb, the traffic has been light.)
    Mikuni_Carburetors-1-min-643x1024-1.png

My carb is
    A 47
    B 100
    C 165
    D 62
    20221022_142314.png

The closest I've come to matching the tx-41 is by measurments, is possibly a tm 38-85 . I'm grasping at straws trying to find anything to fit. The bike has been sitting for a decade since the last guy to touch it crushed the low idle jet inside .

Anyone think tm 38-85 will function or have a part number that works?

(I tried a mikuni TMX38s but it has a tiny 44mm spigot mount)

Attached Files:

2. husky jim Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300, 87 430wr, 86 430ae, Tr650
    I'm using the TMX38 on both my 430 WR's came oem with 36mm round slide Mikuni.You will need a different intake manifold, a 2 piece with using a Mikuni VM 36-200 rubber 2 bolt flange.

I found , by accident, different length manifolds as well. I suspect longer for 250's and shorter for 430's.

IMG_3767.jpg IMG_3766.jpg

Spacing is an issue when using the stock reeds. I borrowed an old air filter boot and alluminum mounting rings to take up the space.

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3765.PNG

The V- force reed cage is thicker and with the longer 2 piece intake, it's a perfect fit. No need for air filter boot spacing

I'm using this set up on One of my 430's
    https://www.hva-factory.com/search?keys=Husqvarna Carburettor V Force Induction System 161530201 / 16-15-272-01 Flatslide Evo.
    ShadetreeCT likes this.
  3. ShadetreeCT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate you sharing your experience and taking the time to post.

I'm going to forward it to the owner and let him make up his mind.
  4. ShadetreeCT Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    I crossed my fingers and purchased and installed the mikuni TM 38-85. The needle setting matched and it fit right in. It has the 47mm spigot and all same physical dimensions as the previous carb.
    received_3204217639891261.jpeg received_3204217639891261.jpeg

My husband has never started a left kick bike or one so tall and it was interesting to watch. He bruised his foot badly from the kickback and we wound up pop starting it. She started easily and it runs as it should. I'm happy to deliver it back to my co worker so i can move on to the next bike.
    I gave the owner new: intake manifold, carb, airfilter, handgrips, chain rollers, gas line, fuel filter and kill switch. I replaced a rotten section of coolant line, changed the oil, topped off the antifreeze and freed the brakes. He paid for parts and I charged him a 12 pack and a bottle of wine.
    Thanks everyone for your help on both posts.
    The carb identification page I found was a valuable tool in getting this Husky newbie the right carb. https://happywrench.com/mikuni-carburetor-identification/#sub-4
    husky jim and DeathFromAbove like this.