1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

84 500cr paint question

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by xphippyx, Aug 26, 2011.

1. xphippyx Husqvarna

i recently purchased a 84 500cr. when looking at pictures to reference colors, decals ect to prepare for a complete restore.i noticed every cr and pretty much every husky of that year i found all had the milk truck white frames. the bike a have has an almost metallic blue paint on the frame that seems to match the age of the bike. so i figured someone just painted the bike but i cant find any evidence to support this the paint really looks factory. i didn't know if anyone knows of any other options from the factory. i would like to keep the bike looking completely original so getting the frame right is going to make or break the restore. thanks for any input you guys might have
  2. rogerpayne Husqvarna
    C Class

I think you'll have to go with the white frame if you want to restore the bike to the 1984 colors. You can see pictures of the bike by typing "image 1984 Husqvarna CR 500." I've got a 1983 four stroke that is all white with a blue and gold sticker on the tank (the stripe continues from the tank into the number plates).