1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

83 XC 250 frame rake done

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by mattskn, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

I finished the frame rake
    Step 1: grind out the old frame gusset's and clean the frame up
    Step 2: secure the frame to a table take a measurements
    step 3: cut the top tube with sawzall..Dident have any problems with the neck twisting, put a straight edge on it and it didn't move..
    step 4: cut about a 1/4 way through the top of the bottom tube so I could pull the neck forward, just stuck a piece of pipe in the neck and gave her hell till she move, then took a measurement 2.5 degress more than previous measurement.
    step 5: I had to make a filler piece for the top tube to fill the gap, there was a 1/4+ inch gap between the top tube and the neck. And I just welded the bottom tube.
    step 6: made templates of the old frame gussets and welded them back to the frame.
    step 7: installed the trees and checked for the locations on the steer stops and welded them as close as I could get to the factory location.
    And there you have it a 28 degree rake, now I have to get it together and see how it works.
    The geometry of the bike measures almost the same as my 07 YZ 250, now only if I can get the forks to work as good HaHa..
    I also welded some peg plated on to mount up Ti pegs from 06 Aluminum frame YZ they are going to look and work sweet..
    I will post some pics when my friend gets the frame powder coated..I hope in the next couple of weeks..

Im also looking for a motoplat stator for 83 250 if anyone has a extra laying around..
  2. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm also curious:confused:.What I'm going to do is get a fender from a 06 YZ that way I can mount the fender farther forward, I have already rigged a old used one I had laying around looks pretty good. If all else fails the heat gun is coming out to play and I hope it plays nice.
  3. mattskn Husqvarna
    A Class

Here are some pics of the after, sorry guys I dident get any pics of the frame in bare metal only powder coated..

Attached Files:

4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Thanks for the update. Does the front wheel clear the frame?