1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

82 wr 250

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Dew3686, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Dew3686 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 te310, 82 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 flhx, 75 Yamaha gt80
    I picked up an 82 wr250 off of craigslist about a month ago. The guy was originally asking $1800 and I got him down to 1400 right away on the phone. Once I got to his house I was amazed at how good of shape the thing was in. I still picked it apart pretty good and we settled on 1300. Once I got it home I called the local husky dealer and made a list of parts I needed/wanted for the bike. The tires were shot so I found a decent front tire laying around and ordered a rear irc tire since I don't have any 17" laying around. Replaced the rear wheel bearings, brake cable, clutch cable (both were original) swing arm chain buffer was missing so I replaced it and also replaced the air filter as it was starting to break down. The bike doesn't have the lights mounted on it anymore and I would like to replace them back to original. It has a pretty new set of progressive shocks on the rear, I wish it still had the ohlins. Pressure checked the cylinder and it passed. Also took the clutch cover off to do the internal adjustment after replacing the cable. The clutch basket looks damn near brand new. I'm pretty sure this is a low hour bike that never saw the much abuse or sat outside very much. The tank has a couple dents in it where it looks like it may have fallen over in the garage. I added a set of bark busters and re packed the silencer. This is my first vintage bike so I'm not used to the old two strokes. It's a night and day difference from riding my 310. Took it out for a spin yesterday and had a blast on that thing, it definitely takes a whole different riding style with these old bikes! Anyway that's my short story so far with this awesome machine.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  2. Dew3686 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 te310, 82 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 flhx, 75 Yamaha gt80
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    such a great find for the money. notice how the old bikes just go straight over everything without much fuss...the newer bikes have you picking fussy lines and changing lanes all day (cos you can) but the old huskys just mow everything down (no brakes may be an influence there as well!)
    justintendo likes this.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Awesome. I could hang off the old bikes and still go straight. Those Swedish frames are user freindly. The twin shocks rock too.
  5. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    The desert based 30.5° front rake has much to do with that. Stable, but you have to work the turns harder.
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    even my 85 400 with the tighter rake is still nice at going over everything
  7. Max R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 175 Cross Country. 1976 360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1100, 1969 Honda CT70,
    Awesome find ... great deal all around. I'd love to find a late 70's 250cr. My '75 175 cross country will be ready to ride soon, so I expect to be happy with it.