1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

82.5 cr500

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Progress!

Well the 83 pipe I modded to fit the chassis was needed by another CH member so we traded, 430 RetroRocket for my 500 pipe. Got the chassis out again and first thing to do again...... is a pipe. I had a well used Ashe/Pro Circuit pipe off of a thrashed 82-430XC I got last fall. I thought I would see how it fits the 500. I mocked up some cases,barrel and head. Fit pretty good with mods only needed at the spigot, 500's different angle and higher. Couple of hours of cutting and fitting I now have it tacked in place. Next step is work on the rest of it, its rougher than the pics show. I have all my engine parts rounded up other than the crank, its getting lower pin and bearing replacement at the machine shop.
    Next step is cutting off steering head and tuck it to 28 deg. Cut off and fab mounts for CRF450 pegs and mounts.

Attached Files:

2. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pegs are done.

I was going to cut off the stock mounts and weld some other brand mounts on and use their pegs. Instead i came up with my own. Having size 13's most pegs are too small esp. stock Husky pegs. I have Husky Prod. ones on my 82 CR250 but they aren't any longer than the stockers. Obviously had too much time on my hands today so I finished up these pegs I started last fall. Put a boot on and measured what was needed for a good peg. Twisted some metal and TIG'd it together. Used a involute cutter on the mill for some "teeth". Drilled some lightening holes for looks only, I'm 275lbs, would it really matter? Haven't drilled the holes for the springs yet but the stock peg springs will work. Yes the pegs are long and may drag with my "bar dragging bermshots", yeah right......
    Attached Thumbnails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Husq.fleet; 01-16-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Attached Files: