1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

'82 430XC project

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Oldsmobuble, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Oldsmobuble Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello Husky mentors :notworthy: lol.
    Getting around to getting this 430 running. I bought it in a compulsive moment on ebay a couple years ago and was so disappointed when it arrived that in the shed it went. It came with a new piston, so I had the jug bored and had the black painted blasted, of the jug and head, with baking soda, as the '82 came ah natural. Ordered new reed pedals from mossbarger as this unit came with the MB reed valve. and waiting on the base and carb gasket, small end rod bearing to get here in the mail.
    I spoke to a mechanic, who had worked on the bike (rebuilt the ohlins rear shocks) the year that I bought it and he said the carb was worn out (slide cylinder?) so I got ahold of a low mileage replacement carb from an '82 500. I read a thread in here already (thanks google) about jetting the 38 mm mikuni. Great info posted there. So in the next week or so, I'll be humbly asking for some advice and guidance to get this wonderful bike snorting again. Thanks in advance.

Dean
  2. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Look forward to seeing it-need pics tho. What kind of riding will you do with it?
  3. Oldsmobuble Husqvarna
    C Class

Mostly hair scrambles down here. Too be honest, I'm fixing it up to sell it, unless it hooks me on the first or second ride. If it wheelies in every gear, I might have to keep it. :thumbsup:
  4. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    oh, it WILL wheelie.
  5. jdaatwebco Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where did you find the link to jetting the 38 mm Mikuni?

I have been fighting the jetting on my 430 for months!

Thanks,
    Jerry
  6. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scroll down to related threads at the bottom of this page and follow the 430 jetting thread. I have Picklitos, or "all 430" to the masses, jetting recomendations in my 82-430XC, runs great