1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

82 430cr Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Lucas22, May 2, 2023.

1. Lucas22 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 430CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1977 Suzuki TS250, 1970 Honda SL100
    Hey y’all , been restoring this 82 430CR for a minute now . I’m new to huskies so I’ve got a couple stupid questions.

1. What oil should I put in the case and how much ?
    2. What ratio premix do you recommend ?
    3. Is the shift pattern 1 down 5 up ?

Thanks in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    I run 40 to 1 in everything of mine. Use a quality oil but it will probably smoke/ splooge if you run top shelf oil

I put atf in the gearbox . Maybe use actual oil if you're going desert racing .probably still has alloy clutch plates .
    Will make the oil look gray / black / old in 1 rude
    They take about 1400ml . The level is to the bottom of the full hole meets the vertical piece of the case .

These bikes are notorious for eating the kickstart gear off the back of the clutch basket and the bearings in the kickstart gear train . Inspect / replace often

They will pretty much never select nuetral if you stop rolling with the clutch in. Make it a habit of finding nuetral while you're rolling up to the start line etc
    2premo likes this.
  3. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    Not to start a pissing match but I strongly disagree with using atf trans fluid in the gear box. I have seen many transmissions that were run using atf and almost always the 3rd gear set is so very badly pitted and destroyed. I recommend running something like Torco MTF-L 75W Motorcycle Transmission fluid.

40:1 fuel mix is good.

Yes shifting is 1 down 5 up.

Marty
    2premo and Vinskord like this.