1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

81 cr430

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Randyhowell713, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Randyhowell713 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 cr430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bull rokon
    Well took it to the track this weekend and as good as this motor is that boost bottle won't be coming off .you can lug it you can scream it I don't know where it stops pulling and rio bravo is good old school fast track medium jumps .have an 84 wr250 with cr suspension got for a Little debt that was owed took front wheel did a little work on drum and pads lot better braking up front the 84 forks had all race tech stuff drilled rods out drilled extra holes in emulaters backed off blue spring to one turn in with ten wieght 61/2 from top front end feels great did some over jump flat landings totally satisfied with the front end thanks Gary m y'all were spot on. Rear end I'm going to need springs .tightened adjusters I'm just to fat. Drilled out handle bar spacer put some tall offset fat bar risers new perches and levers.good to go would race it tommorow . Clutch is one finger . Going after ahmra gp500 title with it next year peace out any help on rear springs? Later
  2. 84scrambler Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 xc 250, 85 wrx 250, 79 wr 250
    Clutch is one finger ? how did you manage that?
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Probably means it will slip a bit with the force of one finger. Putting a bronze bushing in the hole for the shaft the cable goes on and replacing the seal with a sealed bearing is probably the best improvement I can think of, at least reasonably simple.
    84scrambler likes this.
  4. 84scrambler Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 xc 250, 85 wrx 250, 79 wr 250
    Is there a write up on the sealed bearing trick on here any where ? size , part number, ect ?
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    It has been on here, that is where I got the bearing number.

A sealed bearing 6900DD can be switched for that seal.

It is the same Id od and thickness as the seal. I was able to kind of glue on the seal on top as well. Not sure how much it helped, most of the wear I would think is low near where the force to push the rod is. The Italians is seems added a bushing to the bottom of that shaft as the lower end continued in the single cam four stroke. I would expect results to vary depending how out of round the bore in the magnesium case has become. Sometimes a fair amount of curd has made it past the seal and is in/next to the bearing.
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    my 400 has a beautiful marshmallow clutch...its the envy of all Husqvarna riders about here. its slips a bit now so I guess ill ruin it with new springs and plates
  7. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Really easy to just replace with the bearing. Their is one trick please use a spacer washer to fill gap below brake arm just helps holds in place

Randy tell them about my two finger 3 mm to full braking twin leading shoe brakes !!

It as good as disc.

Or better yet Ask ruwfro ?? aka John Both who took a test drive and almost went on his nose at dilla.
    84scrambler likes this.
  8. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Yes a drum brake that actually works... who would have thought that ..lol
  9. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I've never had any problems with drum brakes on any bike (except Can-Ams because the steel liner is too hard and has too little friction) but I am only 150lbs and I tend to carry momentum and not use the brakes a lot. I prefer the single leading shoe front brakes because it works both directions, a DLS can be awkward if you stop half way up a steep hill and grab the front brake to stop you rolling backwards.....
  10. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    the dls can be real scary...or even just getting the bike down off the truck..no front brake...work awesome going forward though
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    never noticed the poor performance going backwards...heard all about it tho....
  12. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Mr 470 PC !:)
    Kind of aces. I want to see your game !:popcorn:
    DSCN7253[1].JPG
    86 400 XC likes this.