7602 clutch slave piston fitment

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by 7point62, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Hmmm, if your slave cylinder is broken and the clip groove is almost completely destroyed, it's likely that the cylinder is warped, and out of round. That, combined with our slightly tighter tolerances could be preventing your piston from going in.
  2. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I will post my results when I change the cylinder.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sounds good. :thumbsup:
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Don't have an update yet, waiting for the zip-ty cylinder. Anyone done an install with this cylinder? Should be bullet proof on paper with the 7602 piston...
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I have at least a few customers that I know of that are running that setup. I think one of the guys at Hall's is running that setup also. You are right, that is about as bulletproof as it gets.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Waking this thread up, got a 7602 piston coming to me, for $50, I should have had this item in my toolbox like I have a temp sensor. I also should have paid attention to that shuddering/vibrating feeling when the bike was cold and letting the clutch out on the first take-off, it got better with a hot engine, since the parts expanded I'd imagine. I tried a new O-ring first Parker size number 2-021 OD 1-1/16 inches ID 23.52mm width - 1.78mm but that didn't keep the clutch from getting softer and softer as I rode along.

I'll report back on the install of the 7602 piston.
  7. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    2 days and the 7602 piston got here, I was so excited to get it installed, I didn't take any pics or measurements, the piston went in easily, my cylinder is nice and round. I love the x-ring and the change in placement on the piston and the longer skirt, got it back together and the pull doesn't even seem any harder than originally, rode it 20 miles and feels great. Thanks for a product that works well.!
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thank you for you taking the time to write your review and of course thank you for your business. :thumbsup:
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Mine was an easy changeout. The clutch felt a little mushy for a ride or two, but then the last of the air bubbles got shaken out, and it was all good.:thumbsup:
  10. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    reviving thread again ... from what I can tell the ZipTy cylinder would fit the TXC250 as well, I need to replace the cylinder and piston
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yes, ZipTy made a slave cylinder for the pre X-lite 250/310/450/510 models. It's a much better and cheaper replacement to the stock slave cylinder. Works with our piston also.
  12. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Great! That is what I plan to do -- 7602 piston with ZipTy cylinder.