7602 carb filter...

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Motosportz, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did a bunch of carb stuff, one was one I consider important as i have seen many a FRC full of dust / dirt via the overflow tubes. It's real, not a myth. I installed the one from 7602 and just used the stock tubes instead of the supplied ones. Super EZ install and I feel much better about blasting the silt. Used one before, nice quality stuff from a real nice guy.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

WORD!
    I had problems on two huskys and tracked it down to crap in carbs..one bike had less than 50 hours. I got a few of George's nice lil filters. Same principle, same effect. Those who doubt what kind of havoc the dust sucked up the tubes can cause here's a pic of the top of a carb off a TE250 with around 45 hours on it...draining carb has ZERO effect.
    [IMG]
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have spoke to people until I am blue in the face about the need for this and they dismiss it. Nice pick to illustrate the issue. I have seen on WRF450 carb that looked like it had a dirt clod in the top it was so bad.
  4. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Pic was from camera phone, does not do crud justice...I could measure the build up..or grow potatoes in it....it was thick. I was sold at that point.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I will 3rd the need for filter - and that the camera phone pic does not do the issue justice... but why should people care about these issues? Where does the dust/dirt go? It is just the slide? What harm can it do?

?
  6. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

ah no....it also mixes with the fuel and air and acts as an abrasive though the intake valves and motor..NOT good stuff along with making bike run like crap it burnishes valve seats.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The suction from the intake stroke is sucking it right up the hoses, past the slide and into the motor.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is what I suspected.

Please keep this thread on topic, I'd like it nice, simple, and kept unencumbered of off topic items - for those that have not posted yet.

This will be a great thread to file away in an intake section (yet to be created).
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

Both 7602 and Uptite make carb filters, I suppose its' a matter of personal preference since reports on both have come back favorable but one thing is certain they are necessary. I don't have pics from the clean-out but you would not believe the amount of crude I cleaned out of mine after only a few hrs. of dusty rds.
    Pic of Uptite filter. sorry not a great pic but you get the idea.

[IMG]
  10. I8AKTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's pic's of mine from Uptite:

[IMG]

On the 510, mounted to the frame...

[IMG]

On the 250, on the right, closer to the carb.

I agree that vent filters are a sound investment and installed mine on the TXC before I took her out for the maiden voyage.

paul
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Same here, some people just don't wanna believe that those lines could possibly suck air in. Here is a good review on the other site from some customers illustrating the two benefits of our filter.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720115&p=7406630#post7406630
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Oopsie...

Let me know what you want me to do with thread, apparently in my zeal to file things away it wound up in this forum...