1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

73' CR400 Restoration...

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by retro rocket, Apr 16, 2010.

1. retro rocket Husqvarna
    AA Class

halffast - Thats really interesting .... I remember when I was working on the brake pedal thinking it was a bit out of shape and I spent a while fighting with it until I thought it was straight ... I did bend that tab in a bit and I did observe wear on both the pedal and frame!

I will come up with a way to lower the pedal by making an end stop of some sort .... Thank you.

Also - you say you fitted alloy tripples .... Are they really worth the $$$ ?? - I have been very tempted by them. (its so easy to go on spending money so that was a line in the sand of sorts)
  2. retro rocket Husqvarna
    AA Class

Halffast,

You were 100% right .... brake pedal is now down further and feels way better.... simple mod as seen below! - Thank you

DSCN0614.JPG
  3. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Not to hijack, but I'm wondering this, too. I'm gathering parts, the bike will end up '73 or '74, and can be 400 or 450cc. Any motor comparisons out there?
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Hey Retro,
    I'd like to copy your chain tensioner if you don't mind. Do you happen to have the RM125 year or part number for that spring?
  5. MikeDi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stuck in the 80's vintage
    Nice job!